Single Parents

Can't Find Father to Serve Him

Hi! I have some questions about my child support case. I don't know what to do at this point.

I applied for child support in March for my daughter. Her dad refused to respond to the letter from the child support office, so the case was transferred to the prosecuting attorney's office. They tried to serve him at his home, but never was able to. Two weeks ago they went again and his parents lied and said he doesn't live there. I was informed that my case was dropped until I give them a new address for him. Well, I can't since that's where he lives!! I asked if they tried to serve him at work and they said no, but wouldn't tell me why.

So, now my case is dismissed, and they won't do anything for me. It cannot be that easy to not pay child support!! Is there anything I can do?!?!

I live in MO. I am trying to find a lawyer for assistance, too.

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

Re: Can't Find Father to Serve Him

• Yeah it sucks but he has to be served at least. I'm surprise they didn't go to his job tho.
  • I think @lucrchbaby has a good idea. I'd also be looking into a lawyer. Even though it will cost you up front, it will likely be worth it in the end. Good luck.

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies!!! I had never heard of a personal process server. That looks promising!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I haven't heard of a "personal process server" either but Ithink i'm going to look into it! my inital child support meeting isn't until my daughter is 9 weeks old, even though I set it up when she was 3 weeks old. But to OP, good luck to you. I hope they find him, and I don't know why they won't serve him at work, that makes no sense.
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• I would hire a private investigator to find out where he is, where he works, his daily schedule etc and then hire a process server to get him the papers.. 
  • the AG in Texas had to hire a "personal processor" because they couldn't find him. They hired them on Friday and he was served around 745 last night. (I know this is old but I just had to share)

MommyKristin88inthelost
  • good for you rae! 

Rae1105
  • Let me just tell you, he was LIVID too. He apparently thinks he doesn't have to support our son. He is threatening to take me to court. Um please try! You got off scott-free! $185 a month, $60 for insurance? The only thing I can imagine he doesn't like is the modified visitation schedule I set up. Maybe he would have more if he'd have showed up to the meeting!

inthelost
  • That's awesome Rae!

I found some servers. I'm trying to get everything finalized this week so they can serve him. I know he'll be mad, but whatever. I've been our daughter's sole provider for 4 years. It won't hurt him to help now.

BabyFruit Ticker

Rae1105inthelost
  • I have to file federal because bd and i live in different states. Im not sure how serving him will turn out because hes good at hiding
  • @lamuehlen Hopefully they can find him quickly for you! This has been a long annoying process. I'm ready for it to be over.

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"