Third-Party Reproduction
Options

Things YOU do/did before transfer...

So just for fun. What are somethings you do/did before transfer? Either things to help relax, foods you will/won't eat or just fun superstitions....

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

September 2013 DE IVF (Fingers Crossed) = BFFFN! again...

October 2013 FET of our last 2 = Beta Hellzz for 6-7 Weeks. M/C

Re: Things YOU do/did before transfer...

• Options

Ever since I got my Circle + Bloom tapes (which basically coincided with my fresh DE cycle), I've listened to them before and after transfer.  In fact, on transfer days, I have DH hold my Ipod in his back pocket and then he gives it to me so I can listen to it immediately after transfer.  I figure I'm lying there for a good 20-30 minutes anyway...so why not?  LOL.

I can't think of anything specific as far as food goes....

Me: AMA, DOR, undetectable AMH, carrier of SMA, MTHFR homozygous C677T, high cytokines, low IGg B cells, Factor XIII V34l mutation, High Anti-Phosphatidylethanolmine, borderline hypothyroid and mildly insulin resistant.

MH: No known issues, aside from MTHFR.

Recommendations from RI: LIT, Humira, IVIG, Lovenox, Baby Aspirin, Folic Acid, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin.

Currently taking:  Pre-Natal vitamins, Foltanx, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin. 

When cycling also taking: Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, Humira and IVIG.

TTC since 7/11/09..with medical intervention starting in 2010, including 4 failed IVF's and 6 failed IUI's...only "success" was a chemical pregnancy in 11/2012 (credited to use of DE).

FET #1 (11th cycle) on 8/23/13 = BFN.

FET #2 (12th cycle) Transfer of last two (day 6) donor egg blasts on 1/22/14 = BFP, EDD = 10/10/14 (please stick little BOY!)

My favorite breed:

***PAIF/SAIF always welcome***

• Options
    MrsT, I love the Circle + Bloom meditations :-)

I just bought myself a pair of fuzzy socks (from Disneyland!! Happiest place on earth right??! lol)  to wear on transfer day. Also have been drinking pomegranate juice. Trying to NOT drink caffeine this cycle (killing me!) and also trying to skip alcohol (much easier then caffeine). It's small but kinda helping me feel like I am giving this one last good chance...

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

• Loading the player...
  • Options

MrsT, I love the Circle + Bloom meditations :-)

I just bought myself a pair of fuzzy socks (from Disneyland!! Happiest place on earth right??! lol)  to wear on transfer day. Also have been drinking pomegranate juice. Trying to NOT drink caffeine this cycle (killing me!) and also trying to skip alcohol (much easier then caffeine). It's small but kinda helping me feel like I am giving this one last good chance...

Oh I love the Disney socks= happy! Cute!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Hey Stinkerbell!

I'm not sure if you want any advice from me, because not 1 of my transfers has ever worked. :-/

I drink POM juice before transfer.
    This time I cut out artificial sweeteners, drank very minimal caffeine, but I still had a few glasses of wine.

I always clean the house and cook the day before. I had a massage the day before transfer this time, which was wonderful.

I am always emotionally exhausted after transfer and very much enjoy my time on the couch. I buy lots of magazines. I hang around the house in my pjs for 2 days or so.

For the rest of the wait, I eat whatever sounds appealing...I am usually very strict with my diet, but give myself a break during this time.

Not sure if any of this helps!
    I'm so glad you bought happy, fuzzy socks!!
    -K

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

• Options
    I will take all the advice I can KM! ;)

I was pretty strict with what I ate last cycle since I had to make sure and fit into a bridesmaids dress! This time I am not being as strict. Ooops! But not going overboard either.

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

• Options
    Haha! Now I want french fries!

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

• Options
    LittleLady77LittleLady77 member
    edited October 2013
    I trained for a half marathon while waiting for the process to happen. A week or two before transfer I ran the 1/2. I was in great shape for the transfer and I hope it helped with blood flow etc. the actual day before transfer I bought maternity cloths and kept telling myself I will need these (I kept the receipts just in case).

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LittleL... Oh the 1/2. I have been doing 5-10k's. I miss the 1/2! I am so tired during meds that training has been hard so I've kept it to shorter distances.

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

• Options
    ya, I did the half before meds.  Actually I was on BC pills but not the "hard stuff".  I think the running helped as a distraction just as much as it helped with health stuff.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"