May 2014 Moms
Options

Holy (bloat) bump!

Just this Friday, DH and I were getting ready for a wedding.  I was getting dressed and I suppose the type of dress that I wore didn't help (baby doll style).  Low and behold, I looked in the mirror at the same time DH did and I was just like, "where the heck did you come from??"  Ever since then, I haven't been able to hide this bump!  I know that it's just bloat at this point and it's too early to be baby, but holy lord!  And I'm short at only 5'1", so I know that it's going to be more difficult for me to hide this thing lol.  Here come the baggy clothes for a bit!  Anyone else have this bloat bump??
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Holy (bloat) bump!

• Options
    Yes, Most of my pants feel way too tight! I love being at home now, just so I can wear sweats and comfy clothes. I also went to a wedding this weekend and I was so self conscious that someone would notice my bloat belly.
  • Options
    Definitely trying to keep the blump in check. Pajama jeans have been my friend on the weekends. :)
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep. And we haven't told anyone yet (we're telling our families this weekend, so will start after that), so I can't wear maternity pants yet, and I'm having a lot harder time hiding it than the first time!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Yeah my blump is out of control.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    Not yet, ive been downing water like its my job, plus it helps with my ms. Althought tonight for the first time i noticed a blump after dinner! Lol
        image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic   BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I've got one!!!
  • Options
    Yep. I've been in maternity pants for a week and a half now, because I'm not going to pretend I can fit into my regular jeans anymore.
    My blump has gone down a little though since the weekend and I now have the beginnings of an actual hard little bump. It's lower and more subtle than the beach ball I've been keeping under my shirt for the last month.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Options
    Definitely.  DH claims he can't see a difference (but of course he sees me every day).  We've been taking pictures in profile every week, so last night after taking the 9 week pic I went back and showed him the first we took. 

"Oh yeeeeah!"
    Met my soul mate October 2011 ~ Married August 2012

BFP September 2013 ~ Our baby boy is due May 2014

• Options
    Kimbus22 said:

JmeJme said:

Yep. And we haven't told anyone yet (we're telling our families this weekend, so will start after that), so I can't wear maternity pants yet, and I'm having a lot harder time hiding it than the first time!

Why can't you wear maternity pants?  Unless you're wearing them with crop tops, no one is going to know the difference.

Maybe it's just because I've workes in retail so long, but you can totally tell the difference in maternity jeans vs regular! And I work at Old Navy...if I wore maternity jeans to work, I'd totally get called out by someone!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    At 10wks I def have a hard little bump. BUT by the end of the day I have a 4 month blump lol. Hard to hard while you are teaching fitness classes I'll tell you that! Love it though!!!
    Married 5/5/12 ~ Miscarried @ 6wks 7/1/13 ~ Has Pacemaker ~ Due May 7th
  • Options
    Haha I LOVE the term "Blump".  I'm totally using that from now on :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    aimee223 said:
    yeah mine is all over the place too. we haven't told family yet either, so I am super self conscious about it.
    This. I actually found some cute tops at Target that hide the bump so I bought a couple to wear to work. I don't know how much longer I can hide it though,
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    I had to buy a bellyband and a couple of looser tops at Target yesterday too. I feel so self conscious when I wear anything slightly form fitting now. My blump makes it look like I'm already a couple months along when it's only been 7 weeks.
  • Options
    Feeling all of you! I put on a pair of my scrub bottoms this morning and they are snug from the blump and they are my only clean ones :( lol also can't exactly do a belly band with elastic scrubs . Guess I'll be going to pick up a couple in a size up tomorrow!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Absolutely have this. By the end of the day I look 5 months pregnant. Thank god for leggings and baggy tops!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know how many mornings my DH says "lemme see that baby bump." I keep telling him it's gas and poop but he swears its baby. Oh men. I guess baby is cuter than gas and poop.
  • Options
    I almost cried last night when I was changing out of my work clothes. It's SO BAD. I can't believe how fat & pregnant I already look. It's worse than my pre-celiac diagnosis bloat.

//deep breath//

On Sunday night after dinner I just rocked it in public. I figured if the answer to "Is she or isn't she?" is a YES, then eff it.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Options
    My blump is quite the sight to behold. Quite impressive for 7w5d.

Married 11/24/07
    Camille Rae 8/21/10
    Thea Grace's EDD 5/22/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @JmeJme, I agree that maternity pants are easy to spot! I refused to wear mine before telling family as well except now I can't seem to fit in to the ones from my son. They're all too big since last time I didn't need jeans until I was pretty far along and using full panel. I'm going to order me some demis and hope they fit better.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    I have this thing dubbed blump. No matter how hard I try to suck it in,it laughs at me. It doesn't help that I eat more than I used to. I'm already getting questioned at work and I'm week 9. Uhhgg!!
  • Options
    I've been bloating now for about 2-3 weeks and I'm 10 weeks. My pants are slowly getting tighter, but I went out and purchased 2 maternity bands, so when I can't button my pants I can slip that on for the time being. My husband came home last night and said, bloating today?? I had to laugh, but there's no way I can suck it in and I'm at home, just let it hang out. I'm a pretty fit individual, but can't hide the bloated stomach. I'm ending up having to purchase more loose tops for works and cardigans, so depending on the day I have to make sure to wear the right clothes or people will notice for sure. I haven't told the girls at work either yet. Trying to hide it seems to be getting a lot harder.
  • Options
    Oh yeah. Bought maternity pants for work on Saturday. Rocked 'em on Sunday and it felt so much better! Ready for the blump to go away now.
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options

My blump is quite the sight to behold. Quite impressive for 7w5d.

You actually look pregnant tho! I just look fat and I'm about your size! Mine is just round with no "pregnancy" definition lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"