TTC after 35

newbie?

Hi there. I'm not yet sure how to use these boards yet. They are pretty confusing to me. I'm new here. But not new TTC. 
We've been trying for 5 years.
3 Failed IUIs
Stage 3/4 endometriosis 
Diminished Ovarian Reserve (DOR) and a poor responder to stim meds
On our 3rd IVF attempt at CCRM. We have (4) 1 cell embryos on ice - banking them for PGS on our next cycle.

I've hit a new low for loneliness and frustration at infertility. Thought I'd seek the solace of message boards as opposed to throwing my computer at a wall after seeing more pregnancy announcements on Facebook. 

I also blog at dreamingofdimples.com. 
Me: 36 - stage 2/3 endometriosis, diminished ovarian reserve (DOR), poor responder
Hubs: 37 - low morphology
TTC since 2008

Referred to local RE: 6/22/2010
HSG + Saline sonogram: 8/13/2010
IUI #1: BFN 09/2010
IUI #2: BFN 10/2010
IUI #3: + acupuncture: BFN 12/26/2010
Laparoscopy: Diagnosed and cleaned out endometriosis 1/9/2012
IVF#1 (ICSI): Long Lupron + acupuncture = Cancelled 1/11/2013
Second opinion phone consult with CCRM: 5/13/2013
ODWU at CCRM: 6/10/13
IVF #2 (ICSI): Estrogen Priming Protocol - ER 9/28/2013 = 7 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized (banked and frozen at one cell stage for PGD testing with embies next retrieval)
IVF #3 (ICSI): Estrogen Priming Protocol - ER 1/10/14 = 8 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized. My 4 from previous cycle were thawed at Day 1 to grow to Day 5 blastocyst phase with my 3 fresh embryos. Only 2 embryos made blastocyst and were biopsied for CCS testing. Both were abnormal. Nothing to transfer from either cycle. Told that I should move onto other options.Grieving loss of any biological children with my genes.

My blog: Dreaming of Dimples

Re: newbie?

• I'm sorry dreaming! You've come to right place. It's an awful feeling and you've been through a lot. Have you looked into Resolve? They have support groups. I never went though. I do see a therapist though and it helps. Good luck.
    Me:39 Dx LPD, Fibroid, AMA and all that goes with that. H:37 Dx low motility and low morphology. TTC since 3/12. Clomid 8/12 and 9/12: BFN. 11/12 on a break for Myomectomy sched. 11/26. Resume TTC early 2013.
  • I am so sorry you are here.  If is so very lonely.  Even well meaning spouses and family members can not really understand what we as women go through.  Welcome to the board and we look forward to getting to know you!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Loading the player...
  • Siggy warning

Hi there, I just wanted to say welcome and best wishes. The ladies here are great.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Welcome. Sorry for all your struggles. You are more than welcome to bombard us with anything that's on your mind, that's what we are here for.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Welcome!  We all share in the struggle with you.  We all understand and can give you words of encouragement.

I agree with @MarylandWed .... have you looked into Resolve? It offers monthly support groups for folks with similiar struggles to get together and talk. I started going to a local meeting back in May and it has truly been a blessing. I've learned so much from everyone and have been supported in a way that I never have been before. You should see if there are any meetings in your local area.

In the meantime lean on all of us. We all have a journey to share and there is comfort in knowing you are not alone.

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
    IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    IVF #2: Apr '
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    IVF #3: June '14
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
    Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

• Hi and welcome, I am terribly sorry you feel so alone. The ladies here are great support and very knowledgeable. I hope your time here is short.

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Welcome. I am so sorry for all you have been through. The ladies offered some great suggestions. We are here for you whenever you want to vent. I haven't cycled yet so I can't even image how hard this is going from one cycle to the next and not working.

Big hugs...

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Hi just here to say you're not alone.  :-(  and FB really sucks sometimes.

GL to you

praying for a miracle ..

• Thank you everyone! I appreciate all of the welcoming and encouraging words. 
    Me: 36 - stage 2/3 endometriosis, diminished ovarian reserve (DOR), poor responder
    TTC since 2008

IVF #2 (ICSI): Estrogen Priming Protocol - ER 9/28/2013 = 7 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized (banked and frozen at one cell stage for PGD testing with embies next retrieval)
    IVF #3 (ICSI): Estrogen Priming Protocol - ER 1/10/14 = 8 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized. My 4 from previous cycle were thawed at Day 1 to grow to Day 5 blastocyst phase with my 3 fresh embryos. Only 2 embryos made blastocyst and were biopsied for CCS testing. Both were abnormal. Nothing to transfer from either cycle. Told that I should move onto other options.Grieving loss of any biological children with my genes.

• Facebook...don't get me started! You are among kind people here.
  • Welcome.  I'm new here too and have always been impressed with the lack of drama and nastiness on this board.  I'm sorry you have such a long and hard journey TTC.  I hope that you can find some comfort and friendship here.
  • Hi @dreamingofdimples - I have DOR as well, though we're not as far as you on the IF journey. I'm so sorry for what you're going through. Stay strong. If you haven't posted yet on the IF board, they seem nice over there. I lurk but haven't posted yet.

*Ticker/Siggy Warning*

Me: 37 DH: 38 TTC since 2011 DH normal Dx: DOR (AFC ranges from 6-11; AMH 0.16; FSH 11.9; E2 45) 11/13: 1st IVF converted to IUI due to poor response to high dose antagonist protocol (only 3 follies) = BFN 12/13: IUI #2 letrozole + Bravelle = BFP, beta #1 156, beta #2 196 (diff. lab), beta #3 1037; 1st ultrasound @ 5 wks 1 day = 6 mm gest sac; 2nd ultrasound 6 wks 1 day = tiny flickering heartbeat; 3rd ultrasound 7 wks 1 day 10.3 mm embie growing away! 

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @suburbsMrs I'm in California. But cycling in Denver. I gave my local RE a shot and that didn't work out. Now I'm glad I switched. 
    TTC since 2008

• Thanks for the warm welcome @nootbar I did post over there too. I avoided these boards for te past 5 years because they are really confusing to me. LOL

TTC since 2008

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"