C-sections
Options

Resuming normal activities ??

Just had my 2 week PP check up and the doctor said things looked good but I shouldn't resume normal activities until 6 weeks. She said no driving, no grocery shopping, cleanings or even carrying anything heavier then baby for that time. I thought after 2 weeks my restrictions would be reduced? Do others have the same recommendations?? Is it impossible to follow for another month like i think it is?

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Resuming normal activities ??

• Options
    I have not had my PP check up yet but I resumed normal activities at 1 week. I have a 2 year old as well so not doing anything for 6 weeks is not an option. I never really even asked how long I was supposed to wait:-/
  • Options
    With my first, I was told two weeks. I did wait that long to drive, but was getting out of the house to the store and such around a week. I had a 25 lb 14 mo old this time around...my OB said it was fine to pick her up while I was still in the hospital. I drove 150 mile round trip for newborn pictures at one week out. Listen to your body...heavier bleeding is a sign to slow down.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely would not have been able to wait 6 weeks to drive. No sex and no working out until 6 weeks but I did most everything else.
  • Options
    I started driving by two weeks after both my c-sections.  I think if you're off pain meds and recovering normally, waiting six weeks is excessive, not to mention impractical.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options
    My doctor said two weeks, which is tomorrow. I am itching to get out and drive now, and I can't even imagine waiting another 4 weeks.  I think just be smart about it and don't push yourself for the first 6 weeks and you should be fine. 

BFP: 1.19.2013 - EDD: 10.2.2013 - It's a girl! 9.25.13: Welcome Addison!

• Options
    That seems a bit extreme if you're healing normally... I was taking my 3 yr old to swim lessons w. the baby in the carrier (I obviously didn't get in the pool) at about 1 week post c/s. I was back to our normal routine 2 weeks after surgery. Just don't push your body too hard or drive under the influence of pain meds, and you should be fine.
  • Options
    I was told I had to be off my narcotics in order to drive. At my 4 week pp appointment, I got the all clear for normal activity.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I was only told to wait 6 weeks to work out and 4 weeks to have sex.. The dr actually said not to baby the ache so I was up walking around doing normal things in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    My doc advised the same as yours - 6 weeks before resuming regular activities.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"