Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Bad Dreams

This is my first child to be born and the only real anxiety I have as a new mother comes to me in my sleep. I have lots of bad dreams about people purposefully hurting children or myself accidentally hurting them. The children vary from dream to dream in appearance, gender, and age. I was wondering if this is common for mothers to have dreams like this. It makes me nervous talking about these dreams because some part of me keeps thinking there's a secret monster hidden in me somewhere and that I shouldn't be trusted with a baby. Does anyone else have bad dreams about children getting hurt or is there something wrong with me?

Re: Bad Dreams

• Nothing wrong with you and having dreams where you do things and baby gets hurt doesn't mean anything except that your a mom and worry your just afraid of you baby being hurt and doing things wrong. So try not to worry too much. As for having just bad dreams this is my 3rd baby and I am having same dreams of baby getting hurt or worse and waking up to scared to go. Back to sleep. Just keep talking about them and make sure you talk about your fears it will help. Hope this helped some.
  • It helped a great deal, especially coming from an experienced mom. Thanks a lot, Odeco2. =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"