February 2014 Moms
Options

What color are you painting the nursery?

Just curious what color all you ladies are painting the nursery. I painted mine "Robin's Nest" by Benjamin Moore a couple days ago and its the most amazing color I've ever seen. What's your color??
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What color are you painting the nursery?

• Options
    Behr ocean boulevard (light bluish teal) with caribe (teal), silky bamboo (off white), and tutti frutti (raspberry pink) details

XoXo
    Sarah

BFP#1 10/24/11 EDD 07/01/11 DD1 6/29/11
    BFP#2 07/26/12 EDD 03/21/13 M/C(mmc6wk)09/04/12 @~11w
    BFP#3 02/08/13 EDD 10/22/13 M/C(mmc6wk)03/11/13 @~8w
    BFP#4 06/05/13 EDD 02/19/14 DD2 02/05/14

• Options
    Peach with silver glitter
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ahh @ziggy903 We just moved from an apartment. I feel your pain. ALSO I bought a snoopy stuffed animal from Kohls yesterday and totally thought of you. They are $5 and go to a charity. I might go back and get a Charlie Brown!
  • Options
    Blue or green, probably blue :) yellow, muted red, and black/cream accent pieces. :) below are some paint chips that I got samples of and my quilt swatches. We are renovating our 1924 home right now so I can't paint for a while. :( We're team green, so I want to be neutral.

imageimage
  • Options
    We are putting up chair rail and picked out a light green color for above and a tan for below. Just went to Lowes this morning.
  • Options
    Ahh @hollywoodvibe18 I need to get those! And at least my walls are cream.. My last apartment was white! Cream is awesome!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Disney sleepover scare its like a navy where his white crib will go with white branches and his name over it. And grey on the other walls. :)
  • Options
    Lavender with grey and yellow accents. I want to add painted aspen trees on an accent wall.
  • Options
    DSs room is called Billowing Clouds by Behr. It was the perfect blue shade for his nautical nursery and transitioned nicely into his big boy Star Wars room. DD will be moving in with him so we are repainting his room a more neutral color (also for resale purposes next year). Looking at a few Martha Stewart taupes- haven't settled yet.

DDs room is Sherwin Williams Charming Pink with a chocolate brown tree decal . I personally want to leave it as is for this baby girl but DH is saying that he also wants to go ahead and paint this one neutral color now for resale purposes next year. So we'll see. My cut off is Thanksgiving. If it's not painted by then, I'm going with what we have ;-)

• Options
    @klutzygrl26. I used the Ultra Spec 500 paint. I know they have Natura which is also VOC Free but the Ultra Spec is at least 30 dollars cheaper. I didnt know about it until I went in to buy it and the guy offered the cheaper one. Just a heads up!
  • Options
    We didn't paint the room for DS because we knew we'd move him to a different room when we had another baby. I didn't want to have to repaint 2 years later if it turned out we had a girl the next time around. Turns out, we're having a girl. So the walls will stay the creamish color they are. I think we might go team green the next time around so we won't paint then either. Or, maybe we're just lazy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    mdr619mdr619 member
    edited October 2013
    I have no idea! I am inept at interior design. I assumed we would do a pale baby blue color for our little guy's nursery. But, I don't have the ability (like most seem to be able to do) to picture what the final project will look like.

I want to do a surfer/hawaiian theme in his room. But, of course the pattern I like from Pottery Barn is discontinued.
  • Options
    Still waiting on exact paint, but apricot walls for a turquoise and orange nursery
    I'm convinced that TheBump is having a posthumous feud with Steve Jobs and you can't post siggys from Macs. 

Cue Hormonal Rage.

• Options
    The room that will be the nursery is already Bonjour beige (can't remember which brand of paint from Home Depot) with one chocolate brown accent wall. I'm planning on keeping it that way because I'm too lazy and busy to paint. Plus we want to keep it neutral in case baby #2 comes within the next few years and is a boy. We're currently team PINK!
  • Options
    For a girl we're doing light mint walls with pink accents and maybe some pops of yellow.

For a boy we're going with a nice neutral tan/greige color with a nautical theme - so navy striped curtains, light blue accents, and maybe some red and yellow pops of color.  

We have a chair rail in the room, so the bottom half will be white in both options.  We find out the sex on Tuesday, and I cannot wait to get started!
  • Options
    This is very similar to our green for above the chair rail. Hoping it looks great when we get it on the walls in the next few weeks!

• Options
    Valspar 'whipped peach' with white trim and soft grey accents in the nursery. Having a little girl! Picking up the primer and paint today actually.
  • Options
    Some combo of light pink and grey
  • Options
    Still discussing this. H isn't too thrilled about painting, and would prefer it stay the neutral/tan color it is (so 2-3 years down the road, if we have another, it wont need to be changed!) I would like to see a lavender/chocolate brown combination, but we'll see who wins the debate/discussion on that!

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Options
    slwprincessslwprincess member
    edited October 2013
    mdr619 said:

I have no idea! I am inept at interior design. I assumed we would do a pale baby blue color for our little guy's nursery. But, I don't have the ability (like most seem to be able to do) to picture what the final project will look like.

I want to do a surfer/hawaiian theme in his room. But, of course the pattern I like from Pottery Barn is discontinued.

Love this theme! Have you looked at the Rate my Space section on HGTV? You can type in surfer nursery and get some ideas :-). I love that site b/c I also need help visualizing the end product!

The link is www.roomzaar.com

• Options
    I think we are doing a teal accent wall with purple decorations. Her room theme is butterfly's. Trying to make those colors as calming as I can.
    We are having a sticker made, the name will be purple and the butterfly's pink. It will go on the teal wall above her crib.

DS 7  <3  DS 5  <3   DS 2          and introducing..........

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I am doing aqua/ teal on three of the walls, and cream with a pink morrocan shaped stencil on the fourth. I heart Pintrest!!
    DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• Options
    3 of the walls are Valspar Antique Lace. The 4th wall is a TBD shade of pink that will coordinate with my gender neutral bedding. I used the same scheme with DS nursery, except used a cornflower blue accent wall.

Ethan Michael - 12/21/09
    Norah Jewel - 2/26/14

• Options
    We used Behr Natural Gray - a light gray. I like it, but in our lighting it has a slight lavender tint to it. Definitely not repainting though! I'm probably the only one who would notice.
  • Options
    The nursery for DS is currently blue on top with a chair rail and green bottom. We are leaving the bottom green and painting the top purple of some sort. Haven't bought any nursery stuff yet so not 100% on exact purples or other accent colors :)
  • Options
    We did two shades of gray in stripes. If anyone reeeeally wants the color names I'll try to track them down.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Ours is called "Lilly pad green."  I love paint color names.
    February 2014 siggy challenge (Feb 2014 BMB): Ugly Cry

• Options
    Grey and white, and mickey mouse ears chalk boardpaint

*BFP m/c  *BFP b/g twins *S/B 20w  *BFP DS A  1-12-12  *BFP m/c  *BFP m/c  *BFP *It's a boy again* EDD 2-5-14

• Options
    I don't know yet.  I really liked a gray and yellow combination but have this dresser from when I was kid that I love that's wood and I feel like it doesn't go with gray and yellow.
  • Options
    Shared room w my 2 youngest ( this baby and my dd)
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    We painted it Emerald Isle by Valspar. I love it! It's a beautiful green color. If it's a boy, we'll add blue accents. For a girl, we'll add lavender :) 
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

• Options

mdr619 said:

Love this theme! Have you looked at the Rate my Space section on HGTV? You can type in surfer nursery and get some ideas :-). I love that site b/c I also need help visualizing the end product!

The link is www.roomzaar.com
    I haven't but I will definitely check it out tomorrow! Thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    We're doing light grey - Benjimen Moore Grey Owl with white trim. Pottery Barn Taylor bedding which is little elephants, white furniture. We're team green, so we'll add the accents later. Yellow and blue or. Boy, lavender for a girl. Or not. We'll see if other colour combos catch my eye on Pinterest between now and Feb.

Problem is while we were at the store, I decided to get paint for the living room... And now we're painting the entire main floor. Today was sunny, so I even painted the front/ back doors and trim. We just bought a house, and I figured if we don't do it now, it'll be a few years until we have time again. Or maybe I've started nesting really early?
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    Glidden Paint and Primer, "Artic Blue", "Marshmello White" , "Dark French Chocolate"

So the sad part, is that the chocolate looks a lot more purple then I hoped. But only in direct sunlight :/ I think once we get the floor and furniture in, it should look much better <3

“Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor, Season 3, Episode 6

Dating Since: 2/13/05 * Married Since: 9/8/12 

• Options
    We rent the house we live in but they approved us to paint an accent wall! Our walls are a light tan and the accent wall is purple and we are getting a big tree decal.
    http://lb1f.lilypie.com/tPU3m8.png

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I don't know the exact shade, but our nursery is Toy Story themed and looks like Andy's room (we don't have TS bedding or anything, we just have the room decorated with classic toys). The top half of the walls are sky blue and we have cloud decals, like Andy had in his room.

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"