March 2014 Moms
Options

How much weight gain by 18 weeks?

My midwife hasn't brought it up, but how much weight should I have gained by now? Should I be stressed or just keep eating normally and assume its fine?

Congrats to my TTC buddy Madeline! Cheering for all the strong 3T ladies! 

TTC since March 2012; DX: PCOS 4/2013 
BFP 7/6/2013; EDD 3/7/2014 
Diagnosed with Pre-E: 2/15/201
Emergency induction: 2/16/2014
Baby E born: 2/16/2014 at 12:56pm. 5lb 15oz

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How much weight gain by 18 weeks?

• Options
    WebMD says a "5-10 lb weight gain is typical by now." Everyone is so different though, I guess it depends on your situation. I lost in the first tri due to morning sickness and nausea. My midwife wasn't concerned and said it'll all balance out. At this point, I'm probably getting close to my pre-pregnancy weight. I know at my last appointment I'd gained back 1.5 lbs and that was 3 weeks ago. I figure if your midwife is concerned she'd speak up about it.

• Options
    I lost about 12 pounds in the first tri. ive only gained about 7 of it back. PP i was 130 and now im 125. my 18 weeks pic is in my sig. as you can see, not too much going on.
    Me:26, DH:26 Married: May 18th, 2013, DD Raelynda ~born 3/06/14. 2 angels lost early. Rainbow due Valentines.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'll probably be 5-7lbs up by 18 weeks. I'm guessing closer to 5. I don't usually start gaining steadily until after 20 weeks.
    imageimage 
  • Options
    lalaith50lalaith50 member
    edited October 2013
    I have a pretty low BMI, and while I didn't really lose any weight first tri, I have barely gained any. I had my 19 week appointment, and I might have just gained a couple pounds, but the doctor didn't say anything. (definitely nowhere near the nearly 9 pounds I should have by 20 weeks! yikes!)
    imageimage
  • Options
    I had a lot of MS but I have still gained 9 lbs -
  • Options
    I am down 8lbs, but I have HG. I was only 4lbs down at my 14 week appointment but tried to go without Zofran for a week or two and back down to 8lbs since BFP weight. My midwife isnt too worried. My belly feels huge but I feel sick all the time and really not interest in eating and when I do I eat like a pecking bird... no where near what I could eat PP.
    Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)
    Loving wife, best friend and teammate to Babywearing Daddy, Kelly (7.27.2000)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

• Options
    I was 116 pounds the day I got my positive test and I'm up 9 pounds today at around 16 weeks.
    Hi I'm Aria. Married in 2008. Baby G born 2011. Due March 25, 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    babycaps said:

lalaith50 said:

I have a pretty low BMI, and while I didn't really lose any weight first tri, I have barely gained any. I had my 19 week appointment, and I might have just gained a couple pounds, but the doctor didn't say anything. (definitely nowhere near the nearly 9 pounds I should have by 20 weeks! yikes!)

No reason to worry! You will gain more soon!
    This makes me feel better. I am 5 1 and weighed 100lb PP. I lost a bit during 1st tri and am only at 103 now.

Congrats to my TTC buddy Madeline! Cheering for all the strong 3T ladies! 

TTC since March 2012; DX: PCOS 4/2013 
    BFP 7/6/2013; EDD 3/7/2014 
    Diagnosed with Pre-E: 2/15/201
    Emergency induction: 2/16/2014
    Baby E born: 2/16/2014 at 12:56pm. 5lb 15oz

• Options
    I feel like a tub of lard :( I'm 18 weeks tomorrow and have gained 12 pounds so far. :/ and I'm exercising 3 times a week at least and my eating habits really haven't changed. I just eat normal 3 "for the most part health" meals a day and maybe one or two snacks. But my mom told me with all 8 of us she gained most of her weight in the beginning and her weight gain slowed down and went to basically nothing in the end...I'm hoping I'm like that.
    imageimage

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I'm 19wks and I've gained about 10. With DD I had gained about 20 at this point (and went on to gain 60 total). My OB was never worried about it, and while I won't mind at all if I gain less this time around, I also won't mind if I gain the same. I think the charts are helpful, but at the end of the day talk with your OB/midwife about your specific situation.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm 18 weeks with twins and I've gained 3 lbs (higher end of normal BMI). I'm eating like a horse and the belly has grown. I'm just losing weight in my face and fingers. The babies are taking everything :).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 19 weeks and still down a bit. I was a healthy weight prepregnancy.
    As long as you're not going crazy eating (or not eating) then don't worry. Everyone is so different.
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
  • Options
    I gained more then recommended during the 1st trimester due to eating empty carbs to keep ms away and spending all my free time napping. Once I started to feel better I stopped gaining weight and have maintained for several weeks, I figured that would happen since I starting eating veggies and working out again. Still a little on the high end of things even through I haven't gained in 3 weeks, but I'm not stressing and just eating when I'm hungry. My body knows what it's doing. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I wasn't sick once. 16 weeks here and up 5 from PP weight. I gained 80lbs with DD so I feel good at only +5 so far. Haha
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    i've gained 2 lbs at 17 weeks
    VOTE on my Name List                              image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh, I feel HUGE.  I was up 12 pounds at last week's 16 week visit, I'm feeling like a fatty and there's no freaking way I'd post my PP weight or current weight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerimageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I am a bit heavier and I will be 18 weeks on Tuesday and gained 6 pounds.
    Nicole & David married June 2007
    Savana Katelynn Coy born 02-03-2009
    BFP #2 02/11/2013 ended in loss ectopic pregnancy
    BFP#3 07/01/2013 EDD March 11, 2014! Baby is perfect!

• Options
    AKPuffin said:

Ugh, I feel HUGE.  I was up 12 pounds at last week's 16 week visit, I'm feeling like a fatty and there's no freaking way I'd post my PP weight or current weight.

Me too @AKPuffin! I don't feel or look like I have gained as much weight as I have.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I've gained 10 lbs. Pre-pregnancy weight 119 lbs and now 18 weeks 129 lbs and I feel great! I'm a bit more heavy than I'd like to be so I try to go for walks three x's a week to help with the junk food cravings like ice cream EVERY night.
  • Options
    I'm 19 weeks and I'm up 13 pounds! I weigh myself daily and try to stay calm as I watch the numbers rise. Pre-Peggy weight was 143. I'm hungry constantly. I'm eating healthy foods but I've been too tired to exercise. I'm going to get my lazy bum in gear and start walking.

Live. Laugh. Love. Hope. Faith. Prayer! BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I'm up 30 pounds... I live solely on carbs as the settle my stomach and are easy to throw up..
  • Options
    I'm up 20. My doctor said it is ok but i feel fat

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options
    Up 13lbs at 19w. Freaks my shit out.
  • Options
    I'm "supposed" to only gain 25-35 lbs, I gained 48 with DD, all after 20 weeks. If you're not gaining now, don't worry because the further you are, baby will start packing on fat and the last couple months you'd typically gain a pound a week. I inflated like a balloon my last two months and I was barely eating anything, it was totally out of my control lol. If you feel like you've gained too much, you may plateau for a while and cruise along where you are. It all balances out later. And it could all come off a year or so after baby is born. I was back to PP weight around 9 months post-partum. Breastfeeding takes a lot out of you, too, if you are able/want to do it. 

This is a time to not stress about how much you weigh unless your doctor feels it's troubling. If you've got their ok, you're doing just what your body wants!

• Options
    I was 101 pre pregnancy and now at 16 weeks I'm 106.
  • Options
    HG here, so I'm still down 30lbs.
    TTC #1 June 2010
    1/3/11 S/A - Count 45; Motility 32; Morph 4.3 - 2/10/11 - S/A Count 17mil; Motility 39; Morph 7.9
    1/5/11 Femara Cycle #1 = BFN  2/4/11 Femara Cycle #2 = BFP: 3/4/11 - Starting Progesterone suppositories 
    Beta#1 15DPO = 108; Beta#2 17DPO = 179; Beta#3 18DPO = 259; Beta 4# 20DPO =659!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    TTC#2 Pulled goalie 5/12, PPAF 3/13, BFP 6/27 Beta 15DPO=248! 
    Dx Severe Hydrocephalus and severe Dandy Walker Cyst.   Stillborn 10/19/13
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    TTC#3 - (No preventing, TTC+progesterone starting 12/13)
    4/7/14 CD3 BW - FSH 5.6; AMH 0.469 - 4/11/14 S/A Count 35, Motility 47, Morph 1.5
    4/16/14 - Cycle 6 - Natural IUI - Beta 12DPIUI = 3; Beta 13DPIUI=4.  15DPIUI=6. 17DPIU=4. Chemical Pregnancy  
    TTC #4
    5/5/14 Dx MTHFR homozygous A1298C, Benched 1 cycle HSG 5/14 both tubes open w/scarring on the left   
    5/28/14 Starting clomid 6/8/14 IUI #2 1 dominant follicle 31mm Beta 11DPIUI =4, 15DPIUI = 74, 17DPIUI = 165 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    lalaith50 said:
    This. I am on the lower range of normal (20-21 for my bmi) and I have gained 2 pounds at 18.5 weeks. My doctor says baby is healthy. I am eating when I'm hungry and listening to my body. The weight gain will come when my belly does!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Check out my blog: www.lifescravin.blogspot.com
  • Options

Your bulldogs are very cute.. We have a 60 pound English Bulldog that is an absolute trouble maker!

• Options
    dedeyoba said:
    Your bulldogs are very cute.. We have a 60 pound English Bulldog that is an absolute trouble maker!

Thank you :) I love them so much although last night my little girl discovered she can sneak her way into my snoggle with me ( i have the back and belly) so i am really not a fan of her today taking all my bed space but she was super cuddly :)

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options
    I am still down 8lbs from pre-preg.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Elonah [3], Bentley [1]

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    All of these 5lbs here and 2lbs there are making me feel like I need to stop eating. I gained 15lbs at my 16week appt. I am now 18 weeks and do not know what I have gained. I refuse to have a scale in my house. We will just have to see....

• Options
    I always fluctuate by a couple of lbs, so it's hard to say exactly where I was prepreg. So I've either gained 2 or 4 lbs. But I've only recently started eating normally again, so I know the #'s will start to rise!

• Options
    So heres a question....do you consider your weight gain from the point you were at when you had a positive pregnancy test?  Or if you loose in the first tri, from that low?

When I found out I was 130lbs, and in the first couple weeks lost 3 pounds just because I immediately started eating uber healthy...but then sickness hit around week 6/7 and I started eating more (carbs especially) to make me feel better.  I am now 18+ weeks at 135...but Im not sure if I should consider it a 5lbs weight gain?  Or an 8lb weight gain? Not that it really matters either way...but just never sure what I should consider my starting weight (since the loss wasn't sickness induced).
  • Options
    When I went for my 15 week I was up 9 pounds. Whoops. We'll see on Thursday at 19w1d what I am.
  • Options
    I'm still down 5lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. I lost a little at first due to morning sickness and eating healthier.
  • Options
    At my 18 week appt. I was up 7 pounds and I'm pg with twins. Pre-pg weighed 120 and I'm 5'4". Midwife said as long as the babies measure ok she doesn't care how much or little I gain. Also, with DS I only gained 17 pounds.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic&nImage and video hosting by TinyPic bsp;center;"
    >Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'll be 18 weeks on Friday, and I'm up 15 pounds. I'm exercising and I'm not eating terribly (the occasional indulgence, obviously) but I feel like I just keep getting bigger.  And it's not all baby, clearly, unless I have the largest baby on record.  But judging by my thighs when I look in the mirror, that's not the case.  Meh.  Hopefully I'll get back down to normal once the baby is born.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"