Austin Babies
Options

Any Stay at home mommas with wisdom?

My hubby and I live in south west austin between Brodie and mopac area and I will be a FTM. Due date is October 24th but I seem to be dilating quickly so dr says any day. Yesterday was my last day of work since my hubby has asked me to try the SAHM thing. I am freaking out! There is no way we can make it on one salary so I will have to find at home work. Baby still needs so much stuff and I get stressed every time I buy since I want to hide all the money. I would just love some words of wisdom from people that have done it. I want to be able to be there for my new baby but also provide for our family. Thanks for any virtual anti-anxiety :)
Married since 06-9-11 Me: 29 Hubby: 28 2/14 BFP 1st baby The paper towels on the counter weren't for me?! My hubby and my puppy Pregnancy Ticker Visit The Knot!

Re: Any Stay at home mommas with wisdom?

• Options
    I am due in January, live in SW Austin and will be a SAHM too!! I wish I had advice on working from home.... So far I'm just concentrating on being as frugal as possible. If I'm not making any money I'm gonna try to save what I can! Only breastfeeding, cloth diapering, buying lots of gently used items, borrowing from other moms, etc etc... I was a Montessori school teacher for years, and we have friends with very young babies & kids. So I *might* eventually run a small classroom from home one day. But, gosh who knows! I wish life wasn't so damn expensive...
  • Options
    I know this is an older post but, how is it going?
    I've been a SAHM for 2 years and my boyfriend doesn't make that much. We aren't on government assistance anymore either. It took a lot of being frugal and realizing exactly how much we spent on things that really weren't necessary. The time at home with my daughter is irreplaceable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"