Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Natural Shampoo that Doesn't leave hair greasy?

Hi ladies...so I recently decided to start phasing my hair care and skin care products to natural products.  I ran out of shampoo so I bought Burt's Bees. Well, I noticed that my hair feels like it weighs 10 pounds and is greasy. I was thinking it was the Pantene conditioner, but realized I have been using that for months so it couldn't be that.  I went on Amazon and sure enough, there were reviews describing the same problem I'm having.  So can anyone recommend a shampoo/conditioner that won't leave my hair greasy? I have very fine, thin hair. TIA!

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

Re: Natural Shampoo that Doesn't leave hair greasy?

• Options
    I'm currently using Say Yes To products and am happy with them. I've also used Gionanni products and liked them as well. I don't use conditioner generally though.
  • Options
    Where do you get these products @ArmyQM

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know Target carries both. You'll have to look in the beauty section and not with all the other shampoos generally.
  • Options
    Acure shampoo/conditioner
  • Options
    I am currently using 'Kiss my Face' shampoo and conditioner - also available at Target; it's about $8-10each.
    I have also heard of using baking soda and apple cider vinegar once a week.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
    PgAL

• Options
    How long have you been using natural shampoo? It could be the adjustment period. Regular shampoo strips your hair of natural oils, so when you stop using it, it can take a while for your hair to return to normal again. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @meg1974 I was using it for about a week and a half, maybe 2? I just bought the Giovanni brand yesterday so I am hoping that works!

• Options
    I use dr. Bronners unscented Castile soap watered down by about 30-40% and it is great on my combination hair. I only wash my hair once or twice a week and I don't use conditioner. If my hair is dry I run a little argan oil through it.
  • Options
    goldenB said:

I am currently using 'Kiss my Face' shampoo and conditioner - also available at Target; it's about $8-10each.
    I have also heard of using baking soda and apple cider vinegar once a week.

I tried the baking soda/apple cider vinegar thing and it made my scalp itchy and my hair lank.
  • Options

I've been using DermOrganic products. I love the way they make my hair feel.

https://www.dermorganic.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=n30vog3pkqu5bcu7p50rmrmkt4

I use the Daily Conditioning Shampoo and the Daily Moisturizing Conditioner, and although they say they can be used daily, I only wash my hair 3 times a week.

You can buy this online at lots of places or, if you have an Ulta, you can get it there.

• Options
    I'm a no-poo method girl (cry, curly hair) but like to suds up my hair every now and then.  I usually use the Honest Company shampoo but also use a shampoo bar from Radiantly You every now and then.  DH uses both of those products as well and has a normal hair type.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"