Parenting after a Loss
Options

Ok Ladies tell me what you think? LABOR?

I started out of the blue this afternoon having painful contrations 4 to 6 minutes apart. Called OB and she said to come in the office, she confirmed I was having strong contractions. She gave me an exam and said I was 2 cm dilated, 80% effaced and that my water bag was really tight like a balloon about to pop! So she stripped my membranes (ouch) and told me I can go walking around in the hospital or somewhere else and go to the hospital when the contractions get closer. SO I left there, went home and DH and I started packing everything up and then the contractions went to 3 minutes apart for about 30 minutes, then 2 minutes apart for another 30 minutes and they were strong! Meanwhile I was showering and trying to get out the door to the hospital and then they just STOPPED!!!! NOTHING>>>>NADA! WTF?? Tell me what you think???

Re: Ok Ladies tell me what you think? LABOR?

• Options

You're kidding!  Man, I don't know what to tell you!  Maybe try to lay down for a little bit and regain some of your energy just in case this really is it-- after all that hullaballoo you could probably use a few extra winks.  Then if this really is labor, the contrx will be back and you can carry on.

That's probably what I would do... but you do what your gut is telling you!!

• Options

that is kinda random... i'd grab something to eat then relax, if its true labor the contractions will be back... esp if your water breaks. if your feeling ill or have serious "pressure" down there, i'd head to the hospital.

as long as you are feeling the baby and doing OK then i wouldn't worry. I was in labor for 4 days off and on before full on labor kicked in. 

keep us updated! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Get your rest now because they will come back full throttle sooner rather than later. You're going to have a new year's baby! YAY!
  • Options
    I can't help you with this problem, but I am so excited that you are close!  I hope you have a New Year's baby and don't have to wait another 2-3 weeks :)
  • Options

Oh, I really hope this is it!  I am so excited to find out if you're having a boy or a girl.  If you have a boy, the MI nesties are split 3 boys and 3 girls.  If you have a girl, someone's gonna have to fight for Finnegan and Anthony!

Call if you need anything and text as soon as you have any news!  Good luck!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"