VBAC

Feeling pessimistic :(

My OB has been very supportive of my desire for a VBAC.  Even at 12 months post-section, he is ok with me giving it a try and has been really great.  He has said that he will not induce due to the short interval between births.  Today I had my last tummy check before my RCS on 10/9 (6 days and counting...).  I was only a fingertip dilated and baby's head was still high even though fundal height was "showing" that he dropped.  I feel so discouraged.  I've been drinking RRLT, walking as much as possible (I stand for 14 hour shifts at work..c'mon!), and have been DTD daily or even twice daily.  I feel so desperate for a shot at VBAC but it's really not looking good at this point.  I never went into labor with my first baby and was induced at 41w3d due to high BP.  I could use some encouragement and support right now. I just want to curl up and cry!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Feeling pessimistic :(

• A lot can happen in 6 days! Hang in there. My RCS is scheduled for Oct 22 (I'm 38 weeks today) and so far I haven't dilated at all. Have you tried bouncing on a yoga ball? I haven't yet but some of my friends swear by it. Had an appt with a midwife today and she said nipple stimulation as much as possible (every shower, sex, etc.), drinking tons of water, sex, and as much walking as you can handle. Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Good luck!
  • Thanks!  I will try it all!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Have faith. I am getting a little down myself with less than 2 weeks to go to my repeat C. But, really, things could change in a matter of hours. I second what the previous poster said about walking, keeping hydrated, etc. The yoga ball too! Though, I have not been using it, I am planning on really starting that this weekend. I have been keeping very busy on the weekends because I sit at a desk all day. Fingers crossed for both of us!! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"