Postpartum Depression
Options

seroquel - is baby ok?

Hi, Did anyone take Seroquel during pregnancy and what dose? Is your baby ok?  My dr said it was ok for me to remain  on 300 mg, but i'm reaally worried about defects/delays and i'm thinking of weaning off.

Re: seroquel - is baby ok?

• Options
    Hi.  I take Effexor and Seroquel regularly but quit cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant.  Bad idea.  Net is that I ended up back on the medications by 2nd trimester and at a heavier dosage than I was on originally.  I took 300 mg of Effexor and 200 mg of Seroquel through the remainder of the pregnancy.  My daughter was born perfectly healthy, no issues whatsoever.  She is now 15 months and still perfectly healthy.

Seroquel is only rated as a Class C because there have not been many women who have taken it during pregnancy.  My doctor actually enrolled me in a study on pregnancy and anti-psychotics.  I don't know if the study is still ongoing, but you may want to call and find out so that you can add your pregnancy "data" and help future moms figure out whether or not they are comfortable taking Seroquel.  Below is the contact info I have:

National Pregnancy Registry
    Phone: 1-866-961-2388

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk further.
  • Options
    I've wondered this myself. I'm on 50mgs of Serequel and a 100mgs of Trazodone. We want to TTC in the spring. I worry because with my first I was on nothing and now having PPD has left me on these meds. I don't want to use them while pregnant, but I don't want to head to a downward spiral either. Ugh!!
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"