Washington Babies
Options

Are you close with your bro in law?

My mom ( and anyone who hears) laughs at this.

My bro in law and I are like one person.

Same goes for my husband and my sister.

We literally will go on dates together because we dont have the same tastes as our spouses. How funny is that? Like tonight is date night again, cuz DH and my sis have a 5 hour show they must watch together, and BIL and I could care less so we are renting a movie and going to dinner.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Are you close with your bro in law?

• Options
    Yes!! He's actually been staying with us since the 26th! He's single and cute too...anyone have an available sister?? (He's 30) We love having him here...he's amazing with both kids and is an all around great guy! I just hope to be an "aunt" someday!!
  • Options

Hey if it works for all of you then who is anyone to tell you all otherwise.

For me I would never hang out with any of my Brother in Laws. They are all in different ways not my type at all.

Oct 2011 3 1/2 years old.
    Robert Williams Birth date 5/16/2008
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I wish!

DH's brother's are well...interesting.

Currently one isn't talking to us because we cut him off the cell phone bill after not paying it for 6+ months.

And the other one is nice, but we aren't close.

• Options

DH is an only, but he has become quite the big brother to my baby sister. His entire family has taken her into the fold as another daughter.

She's already found a boy here or I'd say we set them up, luvbug!

• Options

I can't stand my sisters boyfriend, they have been together for close to 3 years. I was just complaining to dh about his attitude on Christmas.  He is a total food/cooking snob, and snubbed some stuff I got my sister that I knew she would like.

LuvBug I would love to set my sister up, if only we weren't so far away.

• Options

DH only has a sister and I'm not close with her at all. She annoying! Even DH thinks so. haha!

DH does have a best friend that is pretty much a brother and we are both really close with him. I talk to him just about every day. He was just here visting from Denver. It was the best 5 days we've had in awhile!

• Options

DH has 3 brothers and a sister and I'm not close to any of them.  We hang out in friend groups or with family, but we're not close.  DH's sister, DH, and I lived together for a while and that was very unpleasant (she's very manipulative and controlling and I don't take that crap).  So, I actually enjoy not being in that close proximity too often now. :-) 

DH doesn't know my siblings all that well b/c they live far away.  And I'm not close with my sister's DH, although we do have similar personalities in some ways (yet we're very different, too).

So, no, can't relate. :-)  I'm glad that it's worked out so well for you, though.  Enjoy!

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Options
    Not at all... he's a gigantic mooch and selfish as all get out. I can't really believe that DH and BIL are related.
  • Options
    Ugh I wish!  I wish we could find a girl that doesn't run the other direction the second he opens his mouth!!  It would be nice to have a fun sister in law but I just don't see that happening.  Bil has a 12 year old son (got his gf pg his senior year in hs) 2 dwi's (one he got with his son in the car) he sits at home and plays video games all the time and then drinks by himself and drunk dials us to pick a fight with dh.  Classy huh!
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Options
    My brother in law is really cool.  He is actually older (over 40) and taller at 6'5" (my husband is almost 37 and he is 6'3").  I like to talk to him about different things.  My husband and his brother were roommates when my husband and I were dating, so he is like family.  This year I decided to get him an Eddie Bauer colgone set and Tall XL thermal shirt from Eddie Bauer (easy to shop for--just go to Eddie Bauer or REI).  I also got my husband Nautica cologne and Nauticas shirt and sweater.  This was just the Christmas of buying cologne as a gift. 
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options
    Yes, we are close. Too close sometimes. DH and BIL look the same almost, and one night they were up late gaming. I got up to get some water and about planted a kiss on the back of BIL neck. It scared the crap out of me. BIL lived next door to us for a long time, so he was always at our house, which got annoying and I was happy to see him pack up and move away. . . . but he is back now.
  • Options
    Yes, very.  It's DH's twin so basically, you marry one, you marry both.  They are hooked at the hips!!  BIL has lived with us a lot so we fight like brother and sister mostly.  Uggggg I WISH he would find a nice girl!!!!! 
  • Options
    DH has a sister that is 15 months older and they couldn't be more different! She treats me like a child sometimes which annoyes me.  Her DH (My BIL) is kind of a perv.  Sometimes we all get along great sometimes we don't.  DH and his sister are always trying to 1 up eachother....it gets old.
  • Options

That is so true for my family too:) ?My sister's late husband was just like me (mellow, calm, easygoing) and my husband is just like my sister (tons of energy, needs to always be doing something).

I used to joke that she married me and I married her:)?

Married ~ August 5, 2006 I Welcomed our baby girl March 16, 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have 3 brothers and 1 sister, DH has 2 brothers and 1 sister. Only 1 of his brothers are local and they are very close. Ironically I actually went out with BIL (once) before I started dating DH (but very few people know that). BIL is a sweetheart and I enjoy hanging out with him, but never without DH, that is just strange to me (but whatever works for you). As for my family DH gets along with all of my siblings and hangs out with them without me, on occasion.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"