March 2013 Moms
Options

More Sleep Issues

DD is almost 6.5 months and I'm still waiting for her sleep to improve. This includes naps.

We have done a bit if sleep training and she can put herself to sleep with 5-10 mins of fussing for naps and no fussing at bed (7pm and sometimes she nurses to sleep). But her naps are never longer than 30 mins! I try and let her fuss for 10-15 mins after waking to make sure she's in the crib for a total of 1 hour and have started scheduled naps. Nothing has helped.

Then for nights, about once a week he will do a 5 hr stretch. Otherwise she's up at least three times a night. Again, I give her the chance to go back to sleep but she never does. I used to be able to do checks and she'd settle down but now it's pure wailing if I go in an try that. I always end up nursing her back to sleep. She does eat but not a ton. She wakes every 2-3 hours now. Tylenol doesn't make a difference.

I guess I just need to wait it out? She has never slept through the night but has done consistently better than she has been doing the last few months. We have sleep trained but I don't really want to let her cry in the dark alone longer than the 10 mins or so we are already doing. Any tips about naps? I'm just confused as to why she can put herself to sleep but not back again after waking up!

DD #1: March 20, 2013
DD # 2: May 2, 2015
EDD #3: March 4, 2018

Re: More Sleep Issues

• Options
    We had the exact same problem. Up until about 2 weeks ago, our 6.5 month old was waking up every 3-4 hours and eating up to 4 ounces. After talking with our doctor and friends, we decided to let her cry it out after we knew she had eaten plenty that day. It took 1.5 hours of crying the first night, about 30 minutes the next night and from then on, she has been sleeping consistently 10-12 hours at night without waking, eating, anything!!

It was hard for me to chose to let her cry it out, but after just 2 nights, we are all sleeping so much better. She sleeps better at naps, fusses less when we put her down at night and she wakes up so excited to see us. ;)
  • Options
    wbj502 said:

We had the exact same problem. Up until about 2 weeks ago, our 6.5 month old was waking up every 3-4 hours and eating up to 4 ounces. After talking with our doctor and friends, we decided to let her cry it out after we knew she had eaten plenty that day. It took 1.5 hours of crying the first night, about 30 minutes the next night and from then on, she has been sleeping consistently 10-12 hours at night without waking, eating, anything!!

It was hard for me to chose to let her cry it out, but after just 2 nights, we are all sleeping so much better. She sleeps better at naps, fusses less when we put her down at night and she wakes up so excited to see us. ;)
    So you did this in the middle of the night if you knew she wast hungry? Or just when you put her down for bed and then she started STTN? DD can go down awake but then can't put herself back to sleep (most of the time).

DD #1: March 20, 2013
    DD # 2: May 2, 2015
    EDD #3: March 4, 2018

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"