Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Army crawl to crawling...how long?

My LO just turned 7 months yesterday. She has been army crawling since she was a little past 5 months.  She gets up on all fours and will rock but once she is ready to crawl she goes to her belly and creeps along the ground. This has been going on for weeks. Any hope she will put it all together or will this just be her form of crawling?

Re: Army crawl to crawling...how long?

• Options
    This sounds like us - my LO has been army crawling since 5 months. He would rock on all fours and then get back down on his belly. By around 6 months he would do one or two "real crawl" steps at a time. He turned 7 months last week and has been mostly "real crawling" since the weekend. It coincides with his new love of pulling up to stand - seems much more practical to crawl when he is constantly wanting to get up and back down.

It will all probably all come together soon! Although it's also true that some babies skip crawling altogether and go straight to walking.
  • Options
    My son just turned 9 months and we are in the same boat. He has rocked like a madman since about 6 1/2 months, but then just slides back down on his belly. He has just recently started trying to pull up on things and in literally one day mastered army crawling like a champ. He had never even attempted it and all of a sudden decided he wanted my tennis shoe down the hall and took off like a shot. Yesterday, the pedi said no worries some babies just don't crawl.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS started army crawling at 5 mos and crawling at 7mos.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD army crawled since like 5.5months and then started crawling crawling at 7 months. Now she stands up all the time and walks with this little baby stroller we have.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DD started army crawling at the beginning of six months and now at nearly seven months she already does a combo of army and all fours crawling. But she was doing the the rocking on all fours way before she ever tried army crawling. I think it is different for all though some are obviously similar as PP above prove.
  • Options
    2 months for my son (from 8-10 months).
  • Options
    No army crawling here. She spent about 6 weeks trying to crawl before she pulled it together at 7 months
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    same as @mishka. She figured it out around 6 months, after rocking and "leap frogging"  since a little before 5 months. She just figured out the arms had to move and she was cruising
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"