Food & Nutrition

Diet when TTC/Pregnancy??

Anyone have suggestions or helpful websites or books to use for meal planning for a healthy balanced diet during TTC and during pregnancy?  Thanks!
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Diet when TTC/Pregnancy??

• I agree with joules re: the wapf recommendations.
  • The Weston A Price site has some great information.

As far as books are concerned I think the Better Baby Book is currently in vogue - its very similar to paleo recommendations. There's also Beautiful Babies which is similar.

Personally I found Chris Kresser's fertility and pregnancy nutrition course immensely helpful. 

• Loading the player...
  • The Weston A Price site has some great information.

As far as books are concerned I think the Better Baby Book is currently in vogue - its very similar to paleo recommendations. There's also Beautiful Babies which is similar.

Personally I found Chris Kresser's fertility and pregnancy nutrition course immensely helpful. 
    I second the Beautiful Babies book.

1 miracle Earth baby and 5 Angel babies

~All welcome~

• I liked "Expect the Best: Your Guide to Healthy Eating Before, During, and After Pregnancy"
  • I found this article on the website of a health columnist who used to write for my hometown paper before gaining worldwide acclaim as a nutrition expert and expert in the field of bioidentical HRT: https://blogs.health24.com/vitaminpete/pregnancy-diet/
  • I had a similar question. I have an autoimmune disorder and am about 20 lbs overweight. I gained a lot of weight in my first two pregnancies and am hoping not to do that this time around. I was looking for an app to help track my diet and exercise.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

• @gusabbey I use MyFitnessPal

imageimage
    Me: 28 // DH: 26
    Paratubal Cyst & Endo (Removed 5/2014) // No Known Issues - Perfect SA 
    3 years ~ Trying for #1
    Proud parents of 2 fur-babies: Taylor (Boxer) & Clyde (Pitbull)

TTGP: September Siggy Challenge ~ Teen Crush : Mark Wahlberg
    "Even miracles take a little time" 
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • leela02leela02 member
    edited September 2014
    Julia Child. "Everything in moderation, including moderation." :) We just use cookbooks that we already have (I'm not a great cook, I need general instructions!). Then you can control the amount of sugar/salt/carbs/fat/etc. according to your needs. If you are able to avoid additives/chemicals in pre-processed foods most of the time it is not hard to eat healthy...until you get morning sickness in the first trimester, then you just eat whatever you can tolerate. If you like the WAPF recommendations there is a good cookbook that follows them called Nourishing Traditions, its recipes are yummy.

I like Chris Kresser's articles on his website. If you want to try a Paleo diet I would check out his stuff. Nutrition websites and books have useful information but it's at least equally important to listen to your body. Everyone has different sensitivities/deficiencies. You can keep a food/symptom diary to track any bad reactions (some women develop food allergies in pregnancy) or detect if certain foods make pregnancy symptoms better or worse.

If there's anything you want to quit or cut back on during pregnancy like coffee, sugar, etc. it's good to start early so you don't have to deal with bad withdrawals while you're prego.
  • For exercise I use MyFitness pal along with the fitbit. It's incredibly accurate. I'm also looking for nutrition books, particularly, for vegans/celiacs/no wheat. 
    BFP#1: 03/05/14 | EDD: 11/11/14 | MC: 04/10/14 | D&C 05/01/14 [Molar]
    BFP#2: 10/15/14 | EDD: 06/25/14 | MC: 12/02/14 | D&C 12/04/14 [MMC]
    Current Status: RE appt 01/20/15 & Cleared to TTC
    Plan: Baby Aspirin, More (raw) folate, PNP, Iron, diet
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T, ANA+ Homogeneous, Anemia. Ige sensitivities: gluten, egg, dairy
    All AL Welcome<3
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”
    We will never forgot our angels<3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"