May 2013 Moms
Options

Vax question - 4 month shots

Hello hello!

Sorry to be redundant, just getting increasingly anxious about LOs shots Thursday.

Just wondering how everyones LOs reacted in comparison to their 2 month shots.

Baby J had an on and off fever treated with Tylenol (101.0 rectally) for around 48hrs after his two month shots. Three pokes and one oral.

Curious to see if anyone had a better time with 4 month. Also curious to see if reactions are standard, like, if he got a fever he probably always will...or does it vary?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Vax question - 4 month shots

• Options
    Yes. LO wasn't the least bit fussy in the evening after the 4 mo. But they were later in the day so I don't know if that had an effect.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My son had no problem with the 2 mo shots and was miserable 24 hrs after the 4 mo shots.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LO was exact same. Fussy later than earlier. However, he STILL has knots on his legs and it has been 22 days. 
    photo siggy_zpsf288824b.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD had a great afternoon/evening after her 4 mo shots, but didn't sleep well at all that night.  I also noticed that one of the knots in her leg was harder this time.  But I wouldn't say they were worse this time.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    J is fussier this time around. :(

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Options
    DD2 was in a lot of discomfort this time around compared to her 2 month shots. I gave her pain reliever : fever reducer and she was back to her normal self within a couple hours
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I didn't notice any reaction, no fever or extra sleepiness, etc. after the 2 month shots. Both girls had low-grade fevers the morning after the 4 month shots. Neither slept well after the 4 month shots, either. In fact, E hasn't slept well at night since!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    When LO got her 2 months she was sleepy all day and night. 

She got her 4 months this morning and actually took short naps today, but has been sleeping since 6 pm and that is unusual. 

Luckily no fever's or extra fussiness either time. 

I feel SO bad for you guys in the US having to get all those extra pokes...brutal :(
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic          

image  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My DS did much better with his 4 month shots. He cried less and wasn't nearly as fussy. With his 2 months I swear I nursed him for hours the evening after, but other than a longer than normal nap, he was fine after his 4 month.
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Options
    She wasn't any worse with the four months than the 2 month - just a little more fussy and sleepy than usual.  It was worse for me because there is a shortage of the Pentacel, so she had to get four shots instead of two.
    My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

• Options
    Thank you all for sharing! Seems like there is no rhyme or reason to their individual reactions. Really hoping and praying he doesn't get a fever again. The fussiness is scary too (he cries so hard he has a hard time catching his breath) but I totally understand...it has to be sore! My Tdap site was sore for a few days...and that was just one shot. Thanks again for all the input!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"