May 2014 Moms
Options

Who else can't poop?

Haven't pooped since Saturday. Not uncomfortable yet, but this morning felt like the day and it hasn't happened yet.

What are you taking to help you go?

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.

Re: Who else can't poop?

• Options
    BENEFIBER!!!! It's amazing, I take it three times a day, and I am on Zolfran which makes the constipation horrible!
    Married my keeper ~ 7.14.07
    Furbaby joined us ~ 9.21.07
    First BFP ~ 7.4.11
    DD Born ~ 3.14.12
    Second BFP ~ Feb 2013 ~ EDD ~ 10.19.13
    Angel Baby born ~ 5.1.13

imageimage
  • Options
    I am on Zofran and have had horrible constipation. Like, went eight days without going, horrible pain, etc. Bought some fiber gummies and I'm taking four a day. I've gone twice in two days (miracle). So I'm going to stick with those for now. The idea of benefiber or Metamucil made me want to vom even though they are supposedly tasteless. The gummies are yummy and I kept them down thank goodness.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm taking the Vitafusion fiber+calcium gummy, it has 4g fiber. I take 2 gummies a day usually after dinner, maybe I'll also take another 2 in the mornings. I'll also check out Benefiber. Thank you!

• Options
    My routine as of late is poop Friday, Saturday, Sunday and then not again until Friday. It sucks. I take a probiotic every day but may have to resort to some more help.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I was on 9 days today without poop.  It's horrible.  I started benefiber today and am praying that helps.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Colace and Milk of Magnesia.  Works wonders.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My dr told me today that it's probably the prenatals... But the only advice She gave me was prunes... Yay
  • Options
    My dr told me today that it's probably the prenatals... But the only advice She gave me was prunes... Yay

An OB or GP?  Mine told me it's due to the sudden increase in progesterone.  It subsides after the first trimester.  i.e. the worst trimester.

• Options
    I've been ok with going but I think it's because I take a probiotic with cranberry for urinary health too :) maybe add a probiotic? Studies also suggest pregnant moms taking probiotics during pregnancy can reduce allergies in the baby!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just drank prune juice and now I can't stop

Pregnancy Ticker 

Anniversary

• Options
    The clear and free metamucil is my go to.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    Benefiber will be your new best friend forever. Take it like 4/5 times the first day! I'm a new girl! Lol(but really) dh is the one who suggested it- love him
    Summer
    1st Child
    Due May 2014
    And they said neither one of us could have kids...

• Options
    I religiously drank 50/50 prune/V8 juice everyday of my last pregnancy and was NEVER constipated. I also ate yogurt for the probiotics almost everyday.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have been trying to eat more things like dried apricots and apples. But when all else fails I just make a lunch trip to Chipotle for some spicy barbacoa. Lol!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Lild09, I used to take a cranberry pill for urinary health and my OB nurse told me that was a BIG no no! Cranberry can cause your uterus to contract.
  • Options
    I'm going to start eating yogurt for breakfast or a snack again, and I'll look into the probiotic supplement for when I get sick of eating yogurt, LOL! I've been off yogurt for a few weeks now.

• Options
    I started drinking plum juice a week or two ago, and it worked wonders....problem is, now I can't stop, lol. It has been a delicate balancing act I haven't gotten quite right yet.
    Charlotte June, Born May 29, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I've been on progesterone suppositories and an intramuscular injection(up until last week) so that just made constipation that much worse. Pretty much the second I got my positive pee stick I backed up immediately. Worse than that, I have been cursed with my mom's hemorrhoids and have been nothing but issues. I HAVE TO take a daily Colace to keep things going AND I drink a huge glass of either apple juice or prune juice and that seems to help a little. 
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• Options
    You guys. I hadn't pooped since last week. Maybe it was the pressure change from being on an airplane (I mean, it's possible, right?), but holy hell when I got to my hotel this evening I finally pooped and it was. The. Best. I've been trying Colace, prunes, etc. I keep saying I'm going to go the milk of magnesia route, but I still haven't gotten to it.

• Options

Lild09, I used to take a cranberry pill for urinary health and my OB nurse told me that was a BIG no no! Cranberry can cause your uterus to contract.

@Lild09 you might look into the cranberry...I was told to stop taking it after ovulation as it can cause mc.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Being that I was admitted to the hospital for a few days this past week from some pain I was having... learned the hard way how much morphine makes you constipated. And zofran. And not being allowed to eat or drink. SUCKED! I pooped just a little for the first time since Wednesday! This sucks....

**Lighting a candle in memory of our angel babies and angel mama in heaven from May'14**
  • Options
    I have IBS so I either can't go or can't stop going haha. What works for me is the benefiber chewable. They taste great and work great as an "as needed basis".
  • Options
    ::Raises hand and jumps up and down::

I haven't been able to go and I am really starting to feel uncomfortable. Hopefully the softeners I took will start working soon. 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Options
    I was going great at first but it does seem to have slowed down. I have IBS-C (C is for constipation
    >:P) so unfortunately I am no stranger to this. I have gone 7 days without pooping! I drink TONS of water and take Metamucil every morning to help.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Options
    I have not pooped since last Thursday.  And I have horrible, horrible hemorrhoids.  The Colace isn't cutting it. 
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Options
    awknycawknyc member
    edited October 2013
    I was taking metamucil in the beginning 3-5 pills a day and that helped a tiny bit. My SIL is an ob/gyn and she advised me to take colace and I finally feel like stuff is movin!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"