July 2012 Moms

GD Mamas

I have a friend that was diagnosed with GD and is really struggling with ideas on breakfast foods and something to satisfy sweets cravings. Do any of you ladies have ideas for her? I referred her to TB since it's so supportive with everything but I don't think she's going for it unfortunately. What do y'all think?

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GD Mamas

• Eggs eggs more eggs. Almonds, peanut butter on toast.

Its protein only for breakfast. So she could do a veggie omlet. I did egg white, sun dried tomatoes and goat cheese. Eggs and spinach. A lot of egg on one piece of toast with cheese and salsa.

As for sweet I would sneak in my sweet between lunch and dinner. For some reason that was the only time it didn't kill my blood sugar levels. Whipped cream is low calorie and sugar free. So is skinny cow and some ww ice cream.

Oh boy I don't look forward to the GD next time I'm preggly. It was no fun.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Yes it is totally different for everyone. I ended up needing insulin because even though I cut out all carbs my sugar was still high. You just have to tinker with it.

Tell her the plus side is she will lose weight :)

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much ladies, I'm passing these on to her. Hopefully she finds some things that work for her. :-)

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

• I didn't have GD but I make little egg muffins. Basically scrambled eggs and veggies and top w cheese. Bake for 20 min at 350. They refrigerated and heated well
    What just happened in my diaper?!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Nature Valley has Protein granola bars, chocolate, 10 grams of protein, 15 grams carbs, perfect for a snack

• I ate a LOT of peanut butter.

Breakfasts were often breakfast tacos, half a bagel thin w/peanut butter, or a scrambled egg w/half a bagel thin.

Fruit+ cheese or fruit+peanut butter was my usual snack.

I could do ice cream w/almonds for my evening snack and have my numbers be better than without.  But my favorite sweet was (and still is) So Delicious Coconut milk ice cream sandwiches.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"