July 2013 Moms

Eating some crow here...

Remember that ridiculousness about the FB group rules? Well, I feel super stupid ever defending that group on here. Why? Because even if you do your best to follow the dumb list of requirements they still dump you.

I tried to be as helpful, and active on there as I am on here. Apparently that wasn't good enough & they booted me over the weekend. I feel phenomenally dumb because I agreed & tried to be a "good member".

So I really tried to defend them when people told me how idiotic and lame they were being. No good deeds go unpunished apparently.

Eh, fuck it. They are the ones missing out, IMHO. I'll take my TB girls over that lamesauce any day.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Eating some crow here...

• FB Groups = The Devil

Dumb, dumb, dumb de dumb.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What was the reason they gave you? Or did they?
  • Loading the player...
  • etoille said:

what happened?

I go to do what I normally do. You know lurk & post. Then I discover, much to my dismay, that the group is no longer in my groups & newsfeed. No personal message. No warning. I've been super supportive over as much as I could be. I'm there as much as I am here. Every day.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Well, that speaks to their character, not yours.

Thank you! Apparently I "posted enough to stay legal but did not actively participate" WTF? I posted a bunch there.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• What was the reason they gave you? Or did they?

They are too chicken shit to respond to my PM.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Ew, so immature of them, fuck em!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ramy3695 said:

Wtf? How childish. We should start our own FB group for the cool kids of J13.

definitely. As long as I can be a cool kid or tag along ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  •  In all seriousness, who has time for that crazy crap? I can barely remember to eat and shower let alone " did I post 8 times and interact appropriately with 5 people on my Internet board ."
    This! Honestly, I have to be so economical with my rare bouts of downtime. I can't imagine wasting a second of it worrying about a FB group's rules.
  • Meimsx said:

I'm not gonna say I told you so buuuuttt...

I'm woman enough to admit I was so very wrong about this. I feel so irritated that I stuck up for folks that think its alright to pull this shit.

So I talked with an admin who says I didn't "share enough" because pictures, supportive words, and daily encouragement when I can is simply not sufficient?

I'm not sure how I could have shared more? I shared photos & personal stories. They felt I was lurking more than posting. Liking doesn't count, one word answers don't count, short answers don't count.

And bullshit that "it's not personal". Um, I got voted off the damn island by people I stuck up for, counted as friends & shared personal info with. How the fuck isn't it personal?

Anyone who says I am not supportive enough is not paying motherfucking attention.

So I'm angry and feel like a fool for ever joining. Never again. Lesson learned here.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Well we are glad to have you here. I bet all the people in the fb group were the drive bys who joined together in a j13 hurt my feelings group.
  • I debated joining but then I heard about all the rules. I don't like rules!
    Anyway, we love you Prim! They're just jealous of all your coolness :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mermomo5 said:

Who are they?? I joined early on but wasn't super active, I missed so much. I'm betting they are reading this, should we send tissues! I hate fb group's and who has time for rules.

The only FB one I remember is the firefighter wife one. She seemed ok. But I have no clue who everyone else is!
  • I totally forgot about that ridiculous group and their "rules".  Lame.  Totes lame.

• Apparently frequency and "quality" of posting? I defended that shit when people called it lame back in the beginning of our pregnancies. That's when I thought common sense would prevail. Apparently not. I seriously could kick myself for believing in them.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Ooh, are they going to come over and start a fight again?

And I would join a group with everyone now. I'm really curious about what everyone looks like. And I'm nosy.

I'm sure one of the facebook members saw this an they're all over there now talking about us badasses. They are afraid to come reply!
    And I agree we need a Facebook group now with all the cool kids!
  • Hey @primrosemama don't let those snooty bitches get you down. We love you and that group was doomed to be douchtastic from the get go.

I told facebook groups are the debil. Chin up the cool kids play here.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Yep we love you here!
  • edited October 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It's better here anyway ;) junk them!
  • I'm not familiar with the group. Actually I was only ever on fb for a week but what you're describing sounds ridiculous! They suck- you don't.
  • Well, that speaks to their character, not yours.

Thank you! Apparently I "posted enough to stay legal but did not actively participate" WTF? I posted a bunch there.
    This cracks me up and reminds me of Office Space.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U5YClmS3umk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DU5YClmS3umk

Glad we don't have to share you anymore, Prim!
  • Hahaha that's so pathetic that they actually monitor the "quality" of someone's posts. Responses that are too short - really ?!?!? Here's a response for them .... STFU! Their loss prim!

imageimageimage

• We're glad you're here, prim. And I tend to think the quality of your posts is generally quite high. Eff them.
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • @Stina2012 That firefighter chick rubbed me the wrong way. Way back in the beginning someone had started a thread about how her husband was "gross" (ie never cleaned the house, washed his hands, etc) and she was worried he would get the baby sick. I told her not to worry bc things like a counter full of dirty dishes or not-quite-clean floors can inoculate your kid (obviously in the figurative sense of the word). Her response? "Um, like, I'm totally sure that dirty dishes don't vaccinate your kid."

She was clearly in @ramy3695's second rule re: how to conduct yourself on a Internet forum. Bye, guhrl, BYYYEEE!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"