July 2012 Moms

First Airplane Trip next week... Got a cool toy

So, next week were going on vacation and taking our boy with us.  I just ordered this toy from amazon for him to play on the plane (yes its 4 and up... its ok)... I thought it was a good keepsake for his first plane ride.  So excited.  Any tips?

Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
5 DIUI - BFN
IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
image imageimageimageimage

Re: First Airplane Trip next week... Got a cool toy

• We have a flight in 2 weeks as well. Not his first, but his first since he was 5 months old! I am super nervous too as we didn't get him a ticket so if the flight is full he will have to sit in my lap. For 1.5 hours. Yeah Right.

That's a cute way to remember his first flight! I need to get K a toy too, but more of one that can entertain him and keep him still. I will definitely be bringing our Kindle full of lots of Curious George and Blue's Clues!

• We're also flying in the coming weeks. We've done it once before and special snacks and toys were the key. I bought some Gerber cookies that she's never eaten before and let her chew on those during take off and landing. Olivia is super social so she had a blast "flirting" with the passengers across the aisle and the flight attendants. It was way better than I expected.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies.  Yes, our flight is direct, but it is also a 3+ hour flight... He does ok in most social situations, so I think he'll do ok.  He's now a walker so I'm sure he'll want to walk around.... so that will be the hard part.  We're also leaving really early.  a 7am flight, so hopefully he'll sleep too.
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • I had Ava on a couple flights yesterday by myself. I actually just put a post up about it. She was on my lap but I totally recommend an aisle seat. She liked being able to stand in the aisle beside my seat. We were also at the back of the plane which made things easier too. Close the bathrooms and we could go walk in the galley at the back. 

Just have lots of snacks and a couple new toys. I took the munchkin flashcards and she loved those. Also the stickers were a big hit too. 

Ava has been on 11 flights now throughout her life but each time we fly it is a completely different situation! 

Good luck! :) The one thing I have noticed that has been consistent with each flight we've been on, is that people have been super nice and helpful. Maybe they feel sorry for me cause I'm alone, I don't know...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"