August 2012 Moms
Options

Sicky sick

DD had a 104 degree temp and threw up twice at daycare today, so I got her early and made a trip to the doctor. Throat and lungs look good and it's probably just a virus. She was a sad sack all afternoon but kept down a squash and banana pouch and a lot of water. She went down for her nap a half hour early after actually letting me hold and read three books and falling asleep during the third... This never happens! I feel bad for her, but with all this sleep and all the fluids she is drinking, hopefully she will be on the mend soon! 

DH is going to stay home with her tomorrow.

The cat must know she is sick because he sat in the chair with us before her nap and actually let her pet him!  So that was a special treat.

Any other LOs getting their back-to-school or daycare viruses?

Re: Sicky sick

• Options
    Micah had a 104 fever 2 weeks ago.  He had an ear infection.  Hope your DD feels better soon!
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    DS has had a snotty nose since school started. All the older kids and teacher's kids coming back and spreading their germs.

He got sent home from daycare yesterday for throwing up 3 times. I picked him up and DH stayed with him. He was FINE all day. Happy, playing, eating, sleeping....No throwing up. The teacher tried to act like it was coming out both ends. Later I looked at his daily log and he'd pooped twice. Oh, the horror . (and he hadn't pooped at home that morning)

I'm really getting annoyed with DC not being able to tell the difference between DS throwing up because he's congested and has reflux and him being sick. I see their point of view, but he's been there a year, They should know how he is by now. It's not the first time he's been sent home and actually been perfectly happy and fine.

I'm also wondering if he's not getting too much food in a short amount of time and that's contributing to the throwing up. He eats breakfast around 7 and then they give snack/milk at 9 at DC and then lunch at 11.

Hope your LO feels better soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"