Multiples
Options

Video Monitor - 1 or 2 cameras?

I'm sure there is a post around here somewhere about this, but I can't find it! I'm curious, if you have a video monitor in the nursery, do you have one camera or two? We bought the motorola monitor with one rotating camera. But when I position it on a shelf to see both cribs, I can really only see one baby and the other is a shadowy figure almost. If you have a video monitor, do you have more than one camera? Also, where do you place it in the room?

I haven't transitioned the girls to their cribs yet, mostly because I don't like the idea that I can't see them up close. Emma has bad reflux and has had a few choking incidents, so I'm super paranoid that something is going to happen in the middle of the night and I won't be able to hear or see her quickly. Right now, I have her next to the bed so I can grab her quickly if needed.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Re: Video Monitor - 1 or 2 cameras?

• Options
    Two cameras. DH affixed one to the wall above the crib, and the other he has affixed to the crib rail (although, that will have to go once she starts pulling up -- and will get attached to the wall, out of reach).
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm still pregnant with my twins, but I was told by another MoM where i live to get two cameras, one for each baby. Or one camera to start if they're sharing a crib. I think if your camera moves, you may be able to do with just the one camera and see if you can reposition it to get better images of the second baby. Otherwise, you may need two.

Mono/Di Twins - Due March 3, 2014 (Realist EDD - Feb 5, 2014)

Mommy to Jericho - 2 Years Old.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Two cameras.  They are mounted on the wall above their cribs. 
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • Options
    I have the same monitor and have 2 cameras. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    IVF #1 BFP b/g twins!; loss at 23 weeks due to I.C. and PTL. IVF #2 BFP 5/26/12; due date 2/6/13; TAC surgery 7/20/12, blessed with another girl & boy! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks all - sounds like two cameras is the way to go. I'll have to look into mounting them to get a better image!
  • Options
    We are getting the Motorolla with two cameras. I'm debating on getting 3 so we can peek in on DD1. :)

• Options
    We have the Motorola with 2 cameras. We mounted them on the wall at the end of each crib using those 3M picture hangers (they kind of look like Velcro). I like having 2 and you have the option for linking up to 4 cameras so if you decide to have more you can add more cameras ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"