March 2014 Moms

How often do you use your doppler? (if you have one)

Just curious, no real reason for asking. I use mine once a week-ish.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How often do you use your doppler? (if you have one)

• Once a week maybe two!

Engaged 12-12-10 Married 5-12-12 Baby Jaxon 3-23-14 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Call Me Mrs.Foster Blog

• It depends for me. I got mine because I have been having alot of bleeding due to an SCH. So I use it when I have bleeding and need a little reassurance that LO is still OK in there. Sometimes it's daily, other times it's once a week.
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't use mine in like 3 weeks bc It stresses me out. I cant ever find a heart beat higher then 125 and every time I've been to the dr. and he checks it its in the high 150s. SOOOO Ill just leave that for him!

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • eh, I guess once a week, sometimes once every 10ish days when I remember.  I've been pretty good! Although when I do use it, I find the heartbeat right away, so that does make me feel better

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie - (twJZ)

• Couple times a week? Whenever I want I guess!
                                           Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• About once or twice a week. Yesterday I did it just because DD wanted to hear it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I used the Doppler at least once a week for the first half of my singleton pregnancy but I can never get a good reading with the twins. I've tried it maybe 3 times with this pregnancy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • When I need it.  I try not to use it daily (though that's only because people on this board seems to use it sparingly, and that has made me paranoid.  Last time I used it damn near every night).  So sometimes I use it every other day, sometimes I go two days without using it, just depends how I feel.

@futuremrstonyasmith, I suggest you don't rely on the HB read out and learn the sound of your baby's HB (watch some youtube videos).  The read out can just be plain wrong, or it could be picking up other sounds which won't give it enough time to really focus on the HB.  I will often find a noise that I think is the HB, but it sounds weird, so I angle my doppler slightly and I can pick up the actual sound...before I was just getting the echo from it.

Also, count the beats yourself....for 15 seconds count the beats, and multiply that by 4.  Identifying the HB by BPM only is like using a calculator but not knowing how to do basic math without it.  You'll never truly be able to use the doppler successfully unless you can identify the sound of your baby's HB.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• I just use it when I want...It probably ends up being around every 4 days.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Every 2-3 days. Less now that I'm feeling nice big kicks.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I used mine for the first time last night because I had some bleeding on Saturday (I am almost 100% positive was the rest of my SCH bleeding out) and I just wanted to see if I could find a HB, and I did.  I really doubt I will use it again unless something similar happens, especially once I start feeling kicks.
  • Every couple days, as needed if I need a little reassurance. I don't know if I could handle not having it! haha  I know I will use it less and then not at all once the flutters/movements start - but for now (and with my son), it has helped me so much!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Tickerimage

• I just got one (friend letting me borrow it) so it's pretty exciting and as a result I've used it every other day lol.

I've been able to find it right away which is nice. I had a loss last year and I go through moments of paranoia because I have zero symptoms, I'm not gaining weight, and I'm not showing... So having it helps.
  • Everyday in the morning. It's our routine we listen before we go to work and talk to her and tell her to keep growing :) my husband talks to my stomach a lot
  • Every other day ish. It'll probably be less once I start feeling movement...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • About once a week.
    BabyFetus Ticker imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • once a week if I don't have an appointment. 

Me: 33 DH: 32 SA#1 low count (6mil) SA#2- now in IUI range!(30mil) Dx:MFI
    11/1- IUI#1,12/1- IUI#2, 1/2- IUI#3 all BFFN
    IVF#1. Long Lupron.ER 3/8 10R,4M,5F. ET 3/3-one 1AB, 2 frosties 5dp5dt-BFP!! Beta 3/25-794 Beta 3/27- 1794
    First u/s 4/8 saw hb. 4/22 missed mc 8w3d. d&c 4/26
    FET #1- bcp start 6/9. ET 7/12. 2 perfect blasts.5dpt-BFP!! 
    Beta 7/24 -1,239!! Beta 7/26- 2569 Beta 7/29- 7120.  U/S 8/7 hb 118! U/S 8/14 hb 143! U/S 8/20 hb 170. Graduated!! Stick baby stick! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"