April 2014 Moms
Options

Ugh...who do I think I am kidding?

I am now 12 weeks and still trying to hide this PG.  Got dressed for work this AM in a dress that is pretty flowy and not form fitting at all, topped with a cardigan for extra coverage.  Well, just checked myself out in the full length mirror in the office bathroom and thought "holy crap I look huge!"  There is no way people aren't at least wondering what is going on with me, I mean seriously.  I know this is thanks to my 1st trimester diet of carbs and cheeseburgers, plus the lovely PG bloat I have going, and the fact that this is my 2nd PG, but last time I was able to hide this for at least a few more weeks.  I know when I officially come out with this announcement people won't exaclty be shocked...

Re: Ugh...who do I think I am kidding?

• Options
    Oh man, that is tough.  When are you planning to tell?
    image    image    image    image

• Options
    Oh man, that is tough.  When are you planning to tell?
    We are waiting for some test results to make sure everything is ok before we announce.  Should be in any day now - I have been staring at my stupid cell phone all day willing it to ring. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Right there with you. One woman (privately) already asked- apparently I've been quiet in the mornings (trying to hold in my burps & gags), and my formerly flat tummy is rounding out despite my best efforts to wear looser tops... Eh, most people know better than to ask, but yeah, when a woman in her 30s with a toddler starts packing in the lbs (mysteriously all in the middle) there's usually one assumption to be made.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    ksulli said:
    Right there with you. One woman (privately) already asked- apparently I've been quiet in the mornings (trying to hold in my burps & gags), and my formerly flat tummy is rounding out despite my best efforts to wear looser tops... Eh, most people know better than to ask, but yeah, when a woman in her 30s with a toddler starts packing in the lbs (mysteriously all in the middle) there's usually one assumption to be made.

Exactly!

• Options
    ksulli said:
    Or even a woman in her 30s who's been married for a year and just got back from deployment to Afghanistan :-)   Yeah, I TOTALLY look fat.   And I got in such good shape when I was deployed!!   
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @avion22, yeah, that counts too! Welcome home, thank you for doing what you do.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"