April 2014 Moms
Options

DNA gender test

So I'm a DNA analyst and this week I'm going to take advantage of my resources and test my blood to see if I detect fetal DNA and possibly determine the gender of my baby.. I've heard of people finding out the sex early through DNA so my scientific curiosity has been driving me crazy and I'm totally gonna do it. I'll let you know the results!

Re: DNA gender test

• Options
    Neat!  Let us know how it goes!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It will be interesting to hear the results. Are you only looking for the sex of your baby or will you test for chromosomal abnormalities too?

Quite a few of us on this board have had similar blood tests performed and our results back. It's so exciting to know this early that baby is healthy and if it's a boy or girl.
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's fun!  I'm totally jealous over here in Canada.  We don't have any tests like the Maternity21 tests and u/s techs won't even venture a guess on sex until 18 wks.  Blah!  
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Girl: 2014/4/25  K: Born 2012/02/20
    BFP 12/31/2010; missed m/c @ 6w1d, medical m/c(Misoprostol)@ 13w2d.    My Blog

• Options
    How cool! What a neat thing to be able to do. I hope it works!
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just got our test results! No chromosomal abnormalities detected and it's a boy! This is so cool; thought we'd have to wait until November to see sex on an ultrasound.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"