June 2013 Moms

Monday B*tchfest

2»

Re: Monday B*tchfest

• Murphie82 said:

First day back at work. 
    1) Everyone hates everyone else.

2) The audit is still going on (was hoping I'd miss it during my 3 months of maternity leave) and they need me to answer some operational questions even though other people have been doing my job for the past three months and really ought to be able to answer those questions BECAUSE THEY'VE BEEN DOING THE JOB yet somehow they can't describe what they've been doing or how they do it to the auditor...wth!!??

3) My boss moved to another department and he's not being replaced, which opens up a lot of opportunity for me, but I was already being promoted prior to maternity leave so now I'm being promoted but not to the level of my former boss, which means I'm doing his job for about $20k less than he was making.

4) I've been pumping for 25 minutes now and am still getting a ton of milk.  Guess stress isn't going to affect my milk supply.

Are we in the same workplace?! lGAAAAAAH Work!

Also, everyone here hates everyone else too.

We must all work together. I went back 4 weeks ago to pretty much the same situation.
    Except my milk supply has sucked from the get-go. ;-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I love my LO to pieces but sweetie... Mommy would really appreciate if, after I gain the courage to nurse you on FIL's couch, you don't repeatedly pop off my boob screaming, causing milk to get all over mommy's shirt, and then require me to walk around nursing you... Which I did, for an hour, in the bathroom, because I love you... Then 30 min after you woke up, repeated the process, in the bathroom again. My back and arms cannot carry you around that long, with no comfy place to sit, and since Daddy decided he was not hungry I nearly passed out pacing the floors feeding you, since I did not get to eat anything all day and it was 2pm.. -your tired and achey (and hungry!) mommy

image image

• I could drop kick my hubby right now!! I told you we needed to have a sit down about things tonight once the kids were in bed, you know I've been tired and upset all day and then you have the nerve to go upstairs, take a shower, crawl into bed and fall asleep. All while I'm trying to get our LO back to sleep so we can have our sit down. I would scream at you to wake you up right now but then LO would wake up and I would have to deal with that again. Seriously dude, I love you, but the longer you push this convo back the more upset I'm going to get. You know the convo needs to be done when kids aren't around/LO isn't needing my attention so tom you better not avoid it again! Ugh.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Cricket81 said:
    Am I the only one who has a LO who has NEVER slept through the night?!? He goes 4 hours if I'm lucky then every 2 hours all night long. I think there was 3 days where he only woke up twice. He is healthy and thriving, just doesn't sleep very long. DH just doesn't get it. He stays up playing games with his friends and then complains about being tired all day long. This morning when he woke up I was stuck nursing and he made himself breakfast and a cup of coffee and sat in front of me eating it. I wanted to throw everything in sight at him but instead I just sat and simmered until he left for work. We will be talking about it tonight.

Not alone. My little guy averages about three hour stretches most nights. Every once in a blue moon we get a good, solid four hour stretch. I could really go for eight hours of sleep but that won't happen because I still have to wake up to pump once a night. It's going to be a long couple of months.
  • majwv8 said:
    We're weaning LO from the swaddle because he's learned to roll, I can not explain how many times he startled himself awake last night. I'm going to have to remove all swaddle-able things from the apartment to stop myself from giving in if he doesn't get the hang of this soon. Mama can function on a little sleep but not 15 minutes.
    Did you try keeping one arm out and one in? She can't handle both out, but sleeps well with one arm out I feel better about her ending up on her stomach when she has one hand to use. 

I didn't try that but it's a great idea, I'll have to give it a shot tonight. Thank you!

• Murphie82 said:

Cricket81 said:

Am I the only one who has a LO who has NEVER slept through the night?!? He goes 4 hours if I'm lucky then every 2 hours all night long. I think there was 3 days where he only woke up twice. He is healthy and thriving, just doesn't sleep very long.

DH just doesn't get it. He stays up playing games with his friends and then complains about being tired all day long. This morning when he woke up I was stuck nursing and he made himself breakfast and a cup of coffee and sat in front of me eating it. I wanted to throw everything in sight at him but instead I just sat and simmered until he left for work. We will be talking about it tonight.

Not alone. My little guy averages about three hour stretches most nights. Every once in a blue moon we get a good, solid four hour stretch. I could really go for eight hours of sleep but that won't happen because I still have to wake up to pump once a night. It's going to be a long couple of months.

Nope not alone. My son has never slept through the night. He has gone 6 hours but that was only once or twice. He usually goes about 3 hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"