March 2014 Moms
Options

What do you use for congestion/cold?

I have a miserable cold and the mouth-breathing is awful.  Anyone have any helpful suggestions for getting rid of all this congestion?

Re: What do you use for congestion/cold?

• Options
    Lots of fluids, Neti pot, steam your face over a hot bowl of water...
  • Options
    snharring said:
    Lots of fluids, Neti pot, steam your face over a hot bowl of water...
    Second this!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just talked to a nurse because I have a terrible cold.  She said Benadryl and Sudafed are fine for congestion, just don't get any that have special letters in the name.  Gargle salt water to help your throat (mine hurts from breathing through my mouth) and if you get a cough she recommended sugar free Tussin for me since I have GD, but I would assume resular Tussin (again no special letters in the name) would be fine.   Also plenty of fluids and rest, which is hard though when you're so stuffed up, I barely slept last night.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    Benadryl! It was life saver for me the other day. I was congested and had a terrible migraine and it just knocked me out. Best.sleep.ever.
  • Options
    Hot shower always helps me feel better.. if you are scared to get into a hot shower with being pregnant (there is some debate if this is safe or not).. then my second favorite thing to do is to boil a pot of water on the stove and breathe in the steam...don't get too close, since the steam could burn your sniffer.. just lean over it or wave the steam with your hand to your face. Plus the steam is good for your pores :)

BFP #1 10/02/06, EDD 5/1/07 Natural Miscarriage 1 week after BFP

BFP #2 3/28/07, EDD 11/19/07 Natural Miscarriage 2 weeks after BFP

BFP #3 1/16/11, 1st U/S - 1/28/11 HR 132bpm, Missed Miscarriage- 2/28/11, D&C 3/8/11 

March 2011, diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about You, but since I didn't get the chance, would You please hold them on Your lap and tell them about me?

BFP #4 6/26/13, EDD 3/8/14, Delivered @ 40w6d
    Bethany Elizabeth born on 3/14/14 @ 6:48am weighing almost 8lbs 1oz and measuring 20 1/2 inches.

• Options

Saline nose spray helped a ton with my congestion when I had a bad cold.  And Benadryl to help you sleep through it. 

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I think most of the tylenol family you can take and they have a cold and sinus? just double check. I know was having trouble sleeping and the DR. suggested Tylenol PM.

Also Sudafed.
    imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    Ooooooh!!!! My test this morning was on this! Phenylephrine and oxymetazoline are the drug of choice for pregnant women suffering from runny/stuffy noses! That being said, I love me a saline rinse and some sudafed (my doc said it is fine to take).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"