April 2013 Moms
Options

S/O milestones

I want to start by saying I am in no way concerned or compairing.... Just interested :)
I get weekly emails talking about growth, development, & milestones. A few weeks ago one of the emails said my LO should start babbling mama & dada , not knowing the meaning but playing with sounds.

My LO talks a lot but does not say either. Just screams, screeches, and sounds.

Is anyone's LO saying mama or dada yet? Any word sounds? What is your LO saying?

Lol my LO sounds like she is saying mama when she cries with DH but I think it is just her catching her breath. Sometimes it does sound like she says Hi or yea.
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: S/O milestones

• Options
    No words yet for Monty... But he was born at the end if April and a few weeks younger than a lot of the April babies. Tons of screeching, yelling, and cooing but no words yet.
  • Options

James turned 6 months on Sunday -- in the past week he's exploded with the babbling, most hard consonants -- blah blah blah or ba ba ba seem to be his favorites.  Yesterday he added da da da da da which is adorable but makes me cuckoo because I so badly want his first word to be mama! :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah I get those too. They are fun to read but not always accurate, at least for me anyway. I wanted to punch someone the day I got a two month one telling me my child should be sleeping through the night. Yeah right, lol.

We have no talking here yet either. A ton of random sounds, screeching, aaaahs and oooohs. Once she made sounds like uh oh, and hi, but they were completely by accident. My girl is way too happy growling (I have it on video, it's hilarious) and playing with her feet.
  • Options
    DD will be 6 months on the 3rd. She does mommmmmm in her babbling and has said the dah sound maybe once or twice. But definitely no two syllable sounds.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ya LO has been saying mammammaa, dadadadda, Neeeeeena, hey, buhbuhbuub for 1-2 months but like u said it really doesn't mean anything yet. Just practicing sounds! :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    All we have here are screeching, screaming, cooing, and vowel sounds. No real consonants yet. Oh yeah, and tons of raspberries.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options
    DD says dada all day long - no mama yet though.

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• Options
    LO babbles all the time and occasionally I can catch some mamama and dadadadada but mostly its a lot of babababababa and a ton of raspberries!
  • Options
    danuli8 said:

All we have here are screeching, screaming, cooing, and vowel sounds. No real consonants yet. Oh yeah, and tons of raspberries.

This is us too!
  • Options
    Connor babbles all the time. Mostly ohh and ahh.. but he has been saying mama, dada, and baba.. but I do not think he is linking the words with what they mean. He does yell out mama when he doesn't like something lol. 

• Options

Nope not yet...i'm sending him back if he says dada first!!! LOL j/k but i think most babies say dada cause its easier to say than mama

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• Options
    L makes tons of sounds, vowels and consonants. The only one that sounds like a word is "wow". He says "wa" all the time but every now and again it will sound like "wow".
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i think she said DADA this weekend. But i don't think she can associated it with SO as of yet. She also babbles all the time now.
  • Options
    Just yesterday my DD started making the sound "ma ma". It sounds so sweet! My son said "da da" first so it makes me happy!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine says "aaah", screeches, blows raspberries and that's about it. They are all adorable so I don't even card that there's no mama or dada yet.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options
    Getting mamas over here but like others I don't think he associates it to me yet.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"