Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Everyone Else knows Best Rant!

hegoolsby20hegoolsby20 member
edited September 2013 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Ok, so I am sick and tired of everyone giving me their random tidbits of advice on how TC. Like it's starting to get out of hand! I went to visit my friend this weekend and her precious newborn baby girl. While I was there her FIL was there and somehow the conversation got turned on me, "When are you going to have one of these?". You know, you probably have all been asked the same question. I responded with, "well we are trying so hopefully soon." My precious friend chimed in, they are having trouble, I was thinking Thanks for that! So then he starts in on how getting adjustments will help me. He is a chiropractor. He kept pushing and pushing on how he has had 8 women in the past and 7 of them became pregnant after getting this special adjustment. Where did I end up? On a table in weird positions with my body cracking in places I didn't know could pop... Not the weekend I expected to have. Does anyone else have people that just insist on their way is the best way???? I'm so sick and tired of it!

EDIT: I am sorry for the awful grammar. I tend to ramble when angry.

Re: Everyone Else knows Best Rant!

• Options
    Thanks, it makes me regret coming out to my friends and telling them that we were TTC. Right after he finished adjusting me, his son (my friends DH) yells (in a room full of people with some I don't know) now go in there and get pregnant while pointing to the bedroom. I turned bright red!

• Options
    Oh yes, everyone knows best. I've just started being blunt and saying it's none of your business.

Kinda shitty of your friend to out you like that. That's pretty personal and if you had wanted them to know, you wouldve answered as such.
                                                           photo Loss_zpse03013d0.png      image

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    trawas01 said:
    When someone asks if we're thinking about kids I say I'm very happy with my dogs. I don't want unsolicited advice.

And sorry for the rough day, I'd be really uncomfortable getting a random adjustment from my friends FIL.
    Thanks! I might try that, I have 3 furry babies myself!

• Options
    That sucks.  On the one hand, I hope you get KU soon, but on the other hand it'd suck for him to think he helped in some way.

Before our first, we just told people we were taking our time and enjoying being married. 
  • Options
    tialillytialilly member
    edited September 2013
    oh my!  That is so awful you almost expect it to be a scene in a movie :( Sorry that happened to you.

I get asked repeatedly about ttc. I even got a "No babies yet?" from a stranger at the grocery store. I found later that it was someone DH knows but he wasn't with me at the time.

At work, I had a coworker come up and touch my belly. I was mortified and shouted "I just had lunch, there's nothing in there besides food".

DH is 41, people love doing the math and telling us how old he'll be when our child is _old. And that we better have one soon. Or tell us their negative views on having children in your 40s.  

We got married during the summer, and when people would ask about having a baby I would say "After Christmas" when we really had already started ttc thinking that was plenty of time! silly me, thought we would get pregnant right away. So here we are the following fall- and people are still hounding us.

It did bother me a lot, but I'm learning to deal. I actually use the "locked up in crates" thing now :)

ETA: missing word

Anniversary 

• Options
    Thanks everyone! It's good to vent sometimes. I mean by all means, it would be amazing if by some amazing chance that I was KTFU this month. I guess we will see, 11 days and counting! However, if I do get a BFP, I will contribute it to the temping/ charting/ testing/ and timing rather than the mysterious works of my friends FIL's magic touch.. Wow that sounded creepy! hahaha
    =))

• Options
    @hegoolsby20 that sucks I would have been really annoyed too!

My mom's friend had a good one when I was bitching that 3 people at work in one day (I'm a teacher) asked me when we were going to get pregnant...she said I should reply with, "Nah, I hate kids." Haha 

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Salsera29 said:
    @hegoolsby20 that sucks I would have been really annoyed too!

My mom's friend had a good one when I was bitching that 3 people at work in one day (I'm a teacher) asked me when we were going to get pregnant...she said I should reply with, "Nah, I hate kids." Haha 
    Haha, classic! I own a dance studio and here recently the popular question from the parents have been so when are you going to have a baby. I respond with I have my hands full with all my kids here (talking about my 200+ students). They tend to back off after that one. This weekend I didn't even really have a choice to nip it when my friend chimed in...

• Options
    Whenever people ask I just say some version of "heck no, 2 year olds are exhausting". But i do get asked all the time because my best friend is pregnant and we were both pregnant at the same time last time, so people expect it. We didn't even tell the parents were were trying until we had a positive HPT.

Although I would LOVE to get a free chiropractic cracking in! That whole situation was still pretty rude. Sorry you had to go through that.

httpi790photobucketcomalbumsyy184elsabrown08e26d3682-3305-47b8-9997-1488d4f6ff18_zpscd6c53aajpg
    ~*~
    Married 4.4.09  ~*~  Me-34 & DH-32 ~*~
    Complete Thyroidectomy Oct 07'  &  Cardiac Ablation Surgery for SVAT Sept 11'
    BFP #1 - 10.3.10  I  EDD 6.11.16  I  Boy #1 born 6.16.11
    BFP #2 - 9.12.13 l EDD 5.27.14 l CP 9.20.13
    BFP #3 - 3.5.14 I  EDD 11.17.14 I  Boy #2 born 11.17.14

• Options

Whenever people ask I just say some version of "heck no, 2 year olds are exhausting". But i do get asked all the time because my best friend is pregnant and we were both pregnant at the same time last time, so people expect it. We didn't even tell the parents were were trying until we had a positive HPT.

Although I would LOVE to get a free chiropractic cracking in! That whole situation was still pretty rude. Sorry you had to go through that.
    He wants me to come back by his office on Friday on my way to Atlanta for another adjustment, free of charge he says... I'm torn, do I go?

• Options
    Pretty much everyone knows I am TTC, I find it easier to just be up front about it. Everyone is different. It was easier for my just to say "TTC #2 hasn't gone as smoothly as we had hoped". People haven't pried for info in my case, thankfully. I would just tell those who think they need an update on the developments concerning your uterus that it is none of their concern until you make it a topic for open discussion and that if they don't keep their opinions to themselves you will tell them right where they can stick it and it may not be particularly pleasant, and you cannot be held accountable.:-) 
    **~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• Options
    SCSmith2011SCSmith2011 member
    edited September 2013
    I'm sorry about that. If he tries that crap again you should remind him the founder of chiropractic believed it could cure deafness. That didn't quite turn out to be true either. ;-)

TTC since August 2011, Me = 40, DH = 38
    Unexplained IF. Tried Clomid for 3 cycles. All BFNs. BFP 1/6/13. Chemical pregnancy.

Moving on to IVF#1. ER 11/26/13, 16 eggs retreived, 12 mature and all fertilized. 2 blasts transferred on 12/1. All other embies arrested so nothing left to freeze. Beta 12/10 = BFN. IVF #2 March 2014. BFP!!! TEAM BLUE!!!

image imageimageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I would have thanked him for the free adjustments. 
  • Options

hegoolsby20  I would totally take a free adjustment, where I live they are $50 each, if you're lucky! But if it makes you uncomfortable of course don't do it.

Rant time: my close friend at work asked me last week if I was pregnant yet, she knows I had my period last week... do some people really not know the basics of conception? When I told her I would not even ovulate for another week she looked at me like I was speaking another language.

• Options
    I'm sorry that happened to you. I have only told a couple people IRL that we are TTC and stuff like that is precisely the reason.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    this sounds terrible, so sorry you had to deal with it. I would be so upset with my friend for bringing it up like that! :( but I would totally take the free adjustment offer if you don't think it would be too awkward.

- Married October 27, 2007 - TTC since June 2013 -
  • Options
    The fact that it's a older man is the part that would bother me the most, I think.  I'd be so uncomfortable.  Sorry you had to endure that!
  • Options
    Am I only the only one who thinks that an awkward conversation about my inability to conceive on demand followed by a manipulation on a table by some rando doesn't = at least I got a free adjustment?

Don't let jerkfaces touch you that job is reserved for us your body is not his business. I am all riled up for you!
    TTC #1 since Oct. 2012 | BFP Feb. 21, 2014!
    imageimage
  • Options
    trawas01 said:
    When someone asks if we're thinking about kids I say I'm very happy with my dogs. I don't want unsolicited advice.

And sorry for the rough day, I'd be really uncomfortable getting a random adjustment from my friends FIL.
    This is what DH and I do as well.  We also just added the second one to the family this summer so it's a good distractions for now.  I agree though it is so frustrating and not at all what you need when you are TTC!

Me: 27
    DH: 27
    Married August 2010
    TTC #1 since May 2013.
  • Options
    This is exactly why no one knows we are TTC. We just started and are already having problems, so I do not need stupid opinions and dumb comments from people who do not have a clue. I took SIL out to buy some things for her baby, and she threw in "you guys better be next." I said "we're working on it" but I even regret that. I wish I had some of these witty things you girls just brought up! OP, do not let anyone else touch you in efforts to "cure" you. If I were you, I would tell your friend to STFU also.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"