June 2013 Moms
Options

Halo Swaddle Sack Question

I am trying to wean DD from her Woombie.  She went cold turkey the past 3 nights and it has progressively turned into an epic disaster.  She doesn't want the Woombie because she can't suck her thumb and she doesn't like the regular sleep sack because she flails her arms around and wakes herself up.  So my question is can you swaddle them in the Halo Swaddle Sack so that they can suck their thumbs?  And if anyone has any other suggestions, please do not hesitate to offer them up!

Re: Halo Swaddle Sack Question

• Options
    My LO has successfully wiggled his hand up in the halo sleep swaddle to suck his thumb.  It's kind of hit or miss though, so I wouldn't say you can swaddle a certain way and have it happen all the time.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Options
    Ok, thanks ladies!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    majwv8 said:
    They make the Halo Sleep sacks with and without the "swaddle arms". Right now we are doing one arm in and one arm out because she can roll over. I've experimented with both arms out, but she just isn't ready for that. You can use the swaddle arms with both arms out and it gives the "snugness feel" that swaddling creates, but the arms can be free. 
    This.

We went about 2 weeks with one arm in, and then two weeks with both arms out but using the swaddle arms around his middle.  Now we're in regular sleep sacks.  The slow progression really helped my guy.

Yeh I think I may have jumped the gun going cold turkey. I am hoping that going your route will be succesful. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"