November 2012 Moms
Options

You know what I miss about the 'old Bump'?

I miss the 'bleeping' when people swear.
Or the made up words people used to replace a swear word.

Our board doesn't seem so bad for actual swearing, but we (most of us) aren't hormonal pregnant ladies.

Some of the BMBs where the ladies are in first and second trimester are so full of swearing that I don't even want to lurk. Except for the posts where I want to tell them to shut the F up.

I swear from time to time, but seriously, one lady is bitching about her husband and every third word in the post is either putting him down or swearing. I could barely read it.

I miss those funny words...

Re: You know what I miss about the 'old Bump'?

• Options
    Me too! Made it funnier, IMO. 

And I agree....excessive swearing isn't cute.

• Options
    @kiraliz2 @luckylove23 and @uconnhuskie007 none of you have ever come across to me as swearing to the point it's unattractive on here. Some times a curse word is the only way to appropriately describe a situation or emphasize when it's needed. I'm certainly no saint when it comes to that either, but I do think people should be able to complete one sentence without swearing. KWIM?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We all (or just about all of us) do a little swearing here and there, but some of the other boards are just awful.

I haven't been offended (by the swearing) of any posts on our BMB.

Lets just try to use the funny made up words more often. :D
  • Options
    @Gargita That was a great description.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Gargita said:

AmberEA14 said:

@kiraliz2 @luckylove23 and @uconnhuskie007 none of you have ever come across to me as swearing to the point it's unattractive on here. Some times a curse word is the only way to appropriately describe a situation or emphasize when it's needed. I'm certainly no saint when it comes to that either, but I do think people should be able to complete one sentence without swearing. KWIM?

Um, I love swearing. Can I accurately describe a scenario, sensation, sentimental reflection, etc. without swearing? Yes. But the f word is usually that special something I'm looking for to finalize a thought process. It's like putting salt on food. Is it edible without? Yes. But is it better with? Most definitely.

Ok?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"