January 2014 Moms
Options

Optic Migrane

Don't know if any of you have had these before but I got them a few times before I was ever pregnant and they sucked.  Basically it is where you have gaps in you vision that only affect one eye (as opposed to visual disturbances in both eyes that some people with migraines get). 

Well, I woke up today with one and though the visual disturbances have gone away, now I feel like utter crap and I am running a training for 35 people today on DBT at 1pm.  Did I mention that I hate public speaking and this is only making me dread this training even more than I already did....

Re: Optic Migrane

• Options

My mom has had ocular migraines recently, lucky for her she said she didn't have any pain with it, just the really strange vision and such.

Hopefully your training goes by in a breeze and that you feel better soon.

• Options
    I get complex migraines with auras. They are so ridiculously painful and have been happening more frequently since getting pregnant.

My neurologist actually wrote me a note for work stating that if I get one, I need to stay home from work for that day and the day after (to make sure the auras have gone away). Could you get a note?

I'm sorry you don't feel well. Hope your training goes by fast!
    Dave and Kathleen - 09.12.09:
    Partially Complex (my blog)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sounds horrible! I hope you feel better soon, and that your training goes well.

Married 3/17/2005
    M/C #1 2005 - 6wks
    M/C #2 2006 - 7wks
    M/C #3 2008 - 11wks
    Baby Aeneas Born 1/20/2014
  • Options
    @penstated912 : The optic migraines are a little different than regular migraines in that the visual disturbance only lasts about 30-40 min and the pain afterwards is no where near a traditional migraine.  Lucky  for me in that I am not in severe pain now (think more tension headache than true migraine) but unlucky in that there really is no reason that I cant work the rest of the day.  If I didn't have the training I might leave early but this training took months to schedule. 

• Options
    I get these too- so annoying. Hope it cleared up for you quickly!
    I have a migraine right now and I'm laying here in the dark. Can't imangie having to speak in front of a group or people and present feeling like that. Hope it goes away soon XX

Jaclyn D'Ausilio Jackie D'Ausilio

Married 6.22.12

Baby Oliver Born 1.11.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"