August 2013 Moms
Options

Milk blisters

After last Sunday's cracked nipple incident, just now DS spit up MORE blood. I did some research and I think I have milk blisters. My nips look white-ish after nursing. Anyone else have this? I read on Kellymom how to treat them, so I'll follow that, but if anyone else here has words if wisdom, please share!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Milk blisters

• Options
    I think white nipples means a bad latch. Milk blisters are more like pimple looking things.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Ok, did some more research (ah the joys of self-diagnosing on the internet) and I think I actually have vapospasm.  DS likes a shallow latch (he starts off great but then backs off) so I think this is the cause.  Oy.  The things we go through for our kids :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had milk blisters my first week. They look like zits and they can pop. If your whole nipple is turning white its not milk blisters. Can you talk to a LC? That might help and keep you from misdiagnosing yourself. GL

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had a milk blister in the beginning and it hurt so much when he latched on. It was popable and I used a cold compress on it. It didn't bleed though.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Your baby spit up blood? I'd call your pediatrician. I don't think that can be caused by vasospasm, but I could be wrong. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• Options
    I agree with @coraggiosa call the pedi
    ITS A GIRL!!! TTC 8/11 November Clomid 150mg+trigger+IUI+TI= BFP<br>
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' 
    Eleanor Roosevelt 
    image image 
  • Options
    I would be calling the pedi ASAP. If it's nothing concerning LO consult your LC.
  • Options

Your baby spit up blood? I'd call your pediatrician. I don't think that can be caused by vasospasm, but I could be wrong. 

It happened last week as well. I called the ped then and they said I most likely have a cracked nipple. The blood is mixed in with the milk in the spit up and lessened when I nursed on the other side and by the next feeding (I have a pumped bottle) it went away completely. If it did not go away I would have been calling again!! Even my LC said that she sees it all the time.
  • Options
    Curls218 said:

It happened last week as well. I called the ped then and they said I most likely have a cracked nipple. The blood is mixed in with the milk in the spit up and lessened when I nursed on the other side and by the next feeding (I have a pumped bottle) it went away completely. If it did not go away I would have been calling again!! Even my LC said that she sees it all the time.
    This happened to me at week 2. We freaked out and called pedi. It was blood from my damaged nipple. And thank you for texting me the term vasospasm. This is my LO! I'm always having to rematch because he adjusts to a shallow latch. It makes him very angry.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"