Preemies
Options

Flu shot

Ds will get it but I'm trying to figure out when to get it. Are there any benefits to getting it early or should I wait? I have to call to make the appt but I wasn't sure when to do it.

Thanks
imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Flu shot

• Options
    I called our pedi last week because we're starting to see it pop up in the area - they want the girls in ASAP to get it (we're scheduled for their 12M visit in early November, and the original plan was to get it then)

It takes two weeks to be effective, and then is effective for 6 months -- which would get us through March/early April, at which point flu season should be well on the tail end (one would hope!)

Even then, should they catch it in April, they'll be a full 6 months older, and that much more likely to handle it better....
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
  • Options
    Same as PP. I've heard this season is already looking bad, so we are getting the shot this week.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What age can they start getting it?
  • Options
    Thanks guys. i'm calling now to see when I can get him in!
    imageimage

• Options

@staceymack - 6 months actual age

• Options
    jcsntms06jcsntms06 member
    edited September 2013
    C got her last Tuesday and A will get hers at her 4 year appt in October. I actually got my shot today. At my work it's mandatory.

• Options
    We all got ours. Minus the LO. She is to young but the family around her got theirs too
  • Options
    Ugh they can't get him in until next week. I need to call my insurance and see where ours are covered and go get mine and get DH to get his!
    imageimage

• Options
    We got ours on Friday at Target. It was too easy!! No appt needed. I don't believe they will administer to babies though. I think it was age 6 and up.

imageimageimage

Pregnancy #1 EDD 1/20/13, D&C for unexplained miscarriage at 12w
    Pregnancy #2 EDD 8/28/2013, Carson was born on 6/28/2013 at 31w - spent 37 days in the NICU
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"