3rd Trimester
Options

Numbness

3 nights in a row... Limbs are going numb. Anyone else??! 35 weeks pregnant.
Thanks momma's!
Pregnancy discovered at 12 weeks 12/2007 - D&C at 13 Weeks due to partial Ectopic pregnancy/Body rejecting pregnancy. Last Pregnancy - EDD August 2013 TTC Our first miracle baby.

Re: Numbness

• Options
    It's a pinched nerve in your spine since baby is growing and pulling your spine forward.. Very close to 28 weeks and it started happening to me today :( husband is a chiro who informed me, not too much he can do until after she's born
  • Options
    Same thing. Started at about 30 weeks and unfortunately has only intensified (now 38 weeks)
    My numbness is mostly in my hands and arms. Check out these blue fingertips that started today!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Figured something was pinched. Not worried... Just worried about how to make it go away lol.., I roll around. Her on all fours. Anything I can do to get her to shift. Only at night though. Hope you mommies start feeling better! Were almost there!
    Pregnancy discovered at 12 weeks 12/2007 - D&C at 13 Weeks due to partial Ectopic pregnancy/Body rejecting pregnancy. Last Pregnancy - EDD August 2013 TTC Our first miracle baby.
  • Options
    I just talked to my dr about this yesterday. On my right hand my thumb and middle finger have been numb for about a week now. Dr. said it was from the swelling and compressing the nerves and veins. She said this carpel tunnel like stuff happens often during pregnancy and goes away after birth. Just another wonderful symptom of pregnancy!
  • Options

Same thing. Started at about 30 weeks and unfortunately has only intensified (now 38 weeks)
    My numbness is mostly in my hands and arms. Check out these blue fingertips that started today!

• Options
    Wow. Just looking at your finger tips !! Would show it to the doc if I were you. Is it painfull ?
  • Options
    aelangilleaelangille member
    edited October 2013
    I am 36 weeks and have carpel tunnel in one hand and a compressed ulnar nerve in my elbow - this is what causes the numbness in your 2 or 3 middle fingers. Both issues caused by swelling. My dr said not to worry unless I also had elevated blood pressure in which case I could go get checked out at the early labor assessment unit if they were closed. I went to the nearest drug store to check my bp and it was fine. I do find that elevating my arm on a pillow at night sometimes helps...but every night can be different.
  • Options
    Yeah I haven't had ANY swelling. Mine is just predominantly at night and switching positions doesn't seem to help.
  • Options
    I haven't noticed swelling either but that's what the doctor said is making my fingers go numb so it must be happening.
  • Options
    That's weird! Hope it gets better soon! My rings still fit/come on & off the same. Last night was the first time I wasn't numb. I slept the night threw finally lol I'm sure it's short lived haha
  • Options

yes I had it in my leg, I thought it was sciatica but ended up  being tight it band. I was skeptical but ended up seeing a chiropractor in 3 visits everything changed. I ws out of pain. my insurance pays most of it as well good luck

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"