Parenting
Options

Suggestions please

My DS turned 2 in August. I weigh more now than a year ago, despite watching my diet and exercising. I am quick to get angry, and this weekend I have been feeling very down and depressed. I just want to be left alone, and I notice everything that is wrong around here like my dirty house and leaves in the yard.
My muscles ache too. I had blood drawn a few weeks ago after my ob gyn appt, but haven't heard back anything yet. I'm also in the midst of month #2 on Generess birth control.
My Dh says I'm bitter and he's right. I couldn't tell you the last time we had sex.
I am thinking of talking to someone, but I was wondering if its something physically that's making me feel this way? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Re: Suggestions please

• Options
    I'm in the same boat. I switched to a different BC and things are getting better. However, I'm getting my hormone levels and thyroid levels checked. I think that something is off, sounds like that may be case with you. Hopefully it's something easily fixable! GL
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It sounds like depression to me. I'd talk to your Dr. Having a counselor will also help.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks y'all! It makes me feel better to get responses. I will definitely follow up with my regular doctor. I was thinking thyroid or hormones.
  • Options

It sounds like depression to me as well. I guess it could be hormonal, since I know next to nothing about birth control interactions. But my money would be on depression given the totality of the symptoms you described.

I would definitely have your GP recommend a therapist to speak with, and also consider an anti-depressant. Eating right and exercising are supposed to chemically enhance your mood, and that doesn't seem to be the case.

GL. If it is depression, you don't have to feel that way.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with the PPs. Sounds like some hormonal imbalance/depression going on, but we're not doctors. Hope the blood test goes well.

I had a full bloodwork done a while ago because I was super tired all the time. Turned out I was deficient in vitamin D. I had myself convinced I had a thyroid problem. Definitely talk to your doctor(s) and don't jump to conclusions. Dr. Google is scary....you can diagnose yourself with anything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Options
    There is a booklet that might be able to give you some guidance. It is called Depression During and After Pregnancy.  You can read it here:https://ask.hrsa.gov/detail_materials.cfm?ProdID=3924
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"