January 2014 Moms

Linea nigra??

I'm 23 wks, and no sign of the line. When should I expect it to arrive if it does? Also my nipples are just now starting to change, the perimeter is slowly expanding and they are slightly darker.

What say you, ladies...? How are your nipples?! :D

Re: Linea nigra??

• My areolas have gotten a tiny bit bigger in the past week or so.

No linea negra for me yet. My understanding is that not everyone gets this, although most do.
  • I think my linea negra showed up around 3rd tri with my first and I didn't really have it with my second or third.  We'll see what happens this time.

No changes in my nipples or boobs.  Nothing ever gets bigger in that area when I'm pregnant.  Unfortunately. 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Loading the player...
  • As a FTM, I can't soak to the lines negra (I don't have one yet).

But over the past few weeks, my boobs have been super sore and my aerola have gotten much darker (and slightly bigger). I hope they don't get much bigger :( I already feel like they're too big as is

dx with anovulatory PCOS 2005
    off bcp 11/11
    a few rounds of clomid and femara... no response.
    injectables/IUI 12/12... BFN
    Feb 13 IVF cycle converted down to IUI due to low follicle response... BFFN
    one last IVF attempt April/May 2013: 19 retrieved. 10 fertilized. 2 transferred in a 3dt. 4 frosties... BFP!!
    EDD: 1/21/14... Induced early at 36+6. Our little girl was born 12/30/13

surprise pregnancy with baby #2!  EDD: 8/30/16

• I think the line showed up in the 3rd tri for me last time. My boobs have gone up 2 full cup sizes already and my nipples have recently darkened a little bit.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Don't have one yet, but my boobs got a lot bigger and my nipples got bigger in addition to darker. I hate them and they are just going to keep growing!

Jaclyn D'Ausilio Jackie D'Ausilio

Married 6.22.12

Baby Oliver Born 1.11.14

• If you are fair skinned you may get lucky and not get it. :) being a red head I am keeping my fingers crossed. So far no line :) now my boobs another story! Bigger and fuller also itchy and my areola is like twice as big and my nipples are thicker. Oh and did I say my boobs itch???? I literally want to scratch my nipples off agh!!!!
  • If you are fair skinned you may get lucky and not get it. :) being a red head I am keeping my fingers crossed. So far no line :) now my boobs another story! Bigger and fuller also itchy and my areola is like twice as big and my nipples are thicker. Oh and did I say my boobs itch???? I literally want to scratch my nipples off agh!!!!
    I'm fair and got the line during my last pregnancy. It wasn't super dark but definitely noticeable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• FTM, and I don't have a linea negra yet. I have noticed my nipples and areolas have darkened and gotten larger, but my breasts are still about the same size. I'm just waiting for the day my bras stops fitting. I think I'll probably cry then.

Married 3/17/2005
    M/C #1 2005 - 6wks
    M/C #2 2006 - 7wks
    M/C #3 2008 - 11wks
    Baby Aeneas Born 1/20/2014
  • No line but the only change in my chest are slightly larger/darker areolas and nipples.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PCOS diagnosed secondary infertility

BFP #1 (letrozole 2.5mg + ovidrel) February 2016, MMC April 2016 @ 7 weeks

BFP #2 (letrozole 5mg + ovidrel) July 2016, Beta #1 359, Beta #2 745, Beta #3 11484

EDD April 9th, 2017

• FTM and the linea nigra showed up around week 13-14! It's crooked at the top also.
  • COgirl29 said:
    FTM and the linea nigra showed up around week 13-14! It's crooked at the top also.

Same here! Mine showed up super early..
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP #1 8/1/11, MMC 10/5/11, D&C 11/1/11
     BFP #2 5/28/13, EDD 1/17/14. Elliott - 12/31/13

• COgirl29 said:

FTM and the linea nigra showed up around week 13-14! It's crooked at the top also.

Same here! Mine showed up super early..

Mine showed up around then too. FTM at 24 weeks but it's still not really dark yet. Basically just a really light brown.
    Dave and Kathleen - 09.12.09:
    Partially Complex (my blog)
  • I had a linea negra with my 1st pregnancy but I can't remember when it showed up. I don't have one yet this time.
    DS1 born 3/27/12 DS2 due 1/8/14
  • No line but my areoles are super dark. And my boobs itch so much but that seems to be more of a heat rash. Being on bed rest, I don't bother with a bra anyone but at about 19-20 weeks it hurt to breathe wearing my normal 34dd so I'm afraid to know how big or bigger they are and will become!

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• No sign of linea nigra, but massive breast changes.  My nipples are bigger and darker, my breasts have gone from a 34D to a 36G, and the skin is super-delicate.  I SO wish those lovely comfy maternity/nursing bras came in my size!
  • FTM and no line yet at 24 weeks. My nipples have always been huge and dark... (Lucky me)... So I haven't noticed any changes there.
  • No line for me yet. My have gotten larger and darker and my boobs have gone up at least one cup size already haven't had them measured again recently though to see if they've gone up any more.
    Married 05.19.12 
      Lucas Anthony born 12.29.13
    image image

• I've had the line for about four weeks...its not super dark, doesn't go all of the way up to my belly button, and is crooked at the top, too!
    My areolas are bigger and darker...they look crazy to me.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I was just commenting to DH today that it hasn't shown up yet. I honestly don't remember when it showed up with DD.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    BFP #1 3/27/10 - mmc discovered 5/20/10 at 11w2d - d&c 5/21/10
    BFP #2 11/6/10 - EDD 7/19/11 - Beta #1 @ 13dpo, 104 - Beta #2 @ 20dpo, 3400s
    BFP #3 4/24/13 - EDD 1/8/14 - Beta #1 @ ?, 33 - Beta #2 @ 4 days later, 260
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've had the line for a few weeks. It's noticeable, but it's not incredibly dark, so I don't think it's so bad. Mine goes all the way to the top of my belly.
  • My linea negra was more defined with my first pregnancy. I have a very light one now from the belly button down, but you really have to look for it. I think at this point with DD's pregnancy, it was more prominent.

Nipples are...um, very ready for breastfeeding and have been for a while. The baby will be able to spot the boob from a mile away.

• Not everyone gets it - but I have with each pregnancy. Mine never fully disappeared from my pregnancy that ended in a loss [became pregnant 9 months after], so mine has gradually gotten darker from the very beginning. It doesn't seem as dark at this point in my pregnancy as in the past, but it's definitely there.

Aereolas have gotten bigger and darker over the course of my pregnancy, too.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• No line here-- though my skin has stayed a little darker in general and I haven't been outside near as much (and using way more SPF when I am). Boobs....well...they won't stop growing. I'm up almost 3 cup sizes (aside from belly nothing else on my bod has changed) and wasn't small breasted to begin with, so that's an interesting situation. My areolas are definitely darker, but maybe only a teeny bigger.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Mine has started to come in, and I'm super pumped! I loved mine with DS.
    My nipples/breasts have changed a ton so far. I'm up at least a cup size (maybe more), and am busting out of all my big DDs. My areolas and nipples have greatly increased in both size and pigment. (Just like last time.)
    sam & arlo 

• I'm an FTM, no linea nigra  so far but it could still come on. My breast are huge to me, my nipples and aereolas are bigger and darker. 
     ***********************************************************************************************
      blogbutton badge!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Im a FTM and have had the line since week 20 or so. It is quite thick n dark uptil my belly button and continues into a thinner lighter line till just under my breasts! I read about an old wives tale that if your linea nigra extends beyond your belly button, its a boy! Well.. We will know in about three months :))

Nipples and areolas are definitely larger, darker and itchier!
  • I have a very faint line, it's so faint I'm not sure if I'm just imagining it! And my nipples/aerolas are slightly larger and darker. Besides the occasional leaking, I really love my new boobs! ;)

• rowanthefrogrowanthefrog member
    edited September 2013
    I haven't gotten it yet but I did get it with both my past successful pregnancies. I'm very fair and have light blonde hair. I don't remember when it showed up though. My nipples and aereolas are changing now too.

A
    imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• I hear you!! I'm a 32 G and can't find any soft comfy maternity bras. I have 2 day time bras and have to sleep in XL sports bras. Huge BOOBS!!
  • I got a faint line early on from my belly button down and of course it isn't a perfectly straight line Lol. My boobs grew as have my nipples.
    TI w/Clomid 12/16, 1/17, 2/17
    OB ordered SA 2/17 and referred to RE for MFI - Low Count/Motility
    DH Varicocele repair 6/17. 
    9/17 SA: count improved
    TI w/Letrozole 9/17, 10/17
    IUI#1 11/17 BFN
    IUI#2 Christmas day :'( Canceled due to low count/poor sample  :'(
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: 3/18 BCP, Lupron down reg, Follistim 300IU, LDHCG 10units, Lupron 5units, Ovidrel trigger on 3/18. ER 3/21
    8 retrieved, 5 mature, 3 smaller no fertilization w/IVF. 3/5 fertilized w/ICSI. Day 5 Fresh transfer scheduled 3/26 or day3 on Saturday if any arrest.

• I haven't started getting mine yet, but I am certain that I had it earlier when I was expecting Chloe

Proud Mommy of my Chloe Cat 

photo 19da4e93-5d4a-44cf-a048-cd3d58e26a62.jpgimage

Jan 14 Mom's January 2014 Siggy Challenge: Post Delivery Indulgences

imageimage

• I started noticing mine around 14 weeks! Yikes! It was very faint at that time. I am now 23 weeks and its definitely there and darker.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"