Rhode Island Babies

Center for OB-GYN- Seeking better practice

I've been a patient at this practice for 13 years.  Although I have no complaints about the doctors, I have found that this practice has grown so much especially in the past 3 years, that I can't even get an appointment.  I'm newly pregnant (8 wks) with my second child, and so far, I can't even get an appointment with my own doctor, without first making an appointment with her assistant to schedule the actual appointment.  I tolerated this for my annual visit, but for my pregnancy, I'm not comfortable with this situation. 

I feel like this office considers themself a "baby factory" and not much else.  I'm also high risk for multiple reasons, so I have added concerns that will need to be addressed as well.

If you see an OB-GYN other than this one, who are they, and why do you like them??  I would really appreciate your recommendations!  Thanks :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Center for OB-GYN- Seeking better practice

• Since you're high risk, do you need to deliver at W&I or would you be comfortable at a different hospital?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    #3 Due April 2016
  • I have to deliver at W & I.  Update:  I expressed my concerns to the doctor at my visit yesterday, and I have to say that she took it very seriously.  Here's to hoping, but I'm still going to keep my ears open to other docs or groups that others like.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have no recs, then. I hope the office does do better for you, and wishing you a H&H 9 months!
    #3 Due April 2016
  • Dr. Connolly was an amazing doctor from there that I followed to her new practice. I highly suggest Partners in OBGYN.
  • I also felt like I was part of an assembly line at the Center for OB/GYN and just transferred to OB/GYN Associates in Randall Square.
  • I loved the care I received at Center for OB when I had my babies, but I agree that it went downhill shortly after they were born. I now get my yearly visits from my primary doctor.  I've also heard good things about OB associates in Randall Square.
  • I'm so sad to read this.  We loved our experience at Center for OBGYN.  I was always able to get an appointment with my doctor and never had a problem.  I hope your doctor is able to pass your concerns along!
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I am also high risk and am loving my experience so far at OBGYN Associates (Randall Square).  Have had no issue getting quick and even same day appointments when needed.  
  • I have been very pleased with Partners in OBGYN, I see Dr McMahon and cannot say enough good things about her.
  • I recommend Partners OBGYN also! Dr Kokturk is wonderful! I left my former obgyns office for the same reason at 12wks pregnant- I too was high risk and felt like I was just another number there. They never had appointments available with my Ob and the others I saw were dismissive and rude. But ever since the switch, Dr Kokturk has been great! He sees me for every appt and really followed up w my high risk issues. I'm also no longer high risk:-)
  • I also recommend Partners.  I saw all the doctors at the practice throughout my pregnancy and they are all incredible :)
  • Just curious about whether you found a new practice that you liked better. I too had a very bad experience at the Center for Ob-gyn, but I haven't picked a new ob yet.

Me (34); DH (35)

BFP 11/25/13; Heard strong heartbeats for 3 weeks; Natural MC (1/15/14)

BFP 11/11/14 EDD 07/21/15 hoping for our rainbow!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just started at on gyn associates with the midwives and I love it. I've also heard great things about the doctors
  • I go to OBGYN associates too. Love them!! Ive been with the midwives since I was a teenager, my mom had them when I was born.
  • I'm actually reading this thread because I want to switch from Partners OBGYN - had a great initial appt but getting in touch for test results & follow up has been a serious chore.

For example, I saw doc today for follow up (finally) and she couldn't have been less interested in addressing my concerns/questions. Mostly monosyllabic replies, just really impatient, typing on her laptop the whole time. I hope it was at least notes about me, but I felt like she was barely there either way.

I see Partners highly recommended here, and maybe it's just this doc and not the practice in general (although both the switchboard and appointment desk have been curt as well) but I'm concerned enough that I'm here researching local options, and I hate switching docs.

Sounds like OBGYN Associates may be in my future.
    married since: September 2011
    TTC since: August 2014
    DH: 35
    Me: 35
  • You can also try a single doctor practice. I started a thread a while back seeking a smaller practice after my horrible experience at Center for Ob-gyn, and I now see one of the recommended doctors.  I am definitely happy with my switch and having someone who cares about my health.  That's something missing from many big groups.

Me (34); DH (35)

BFP 11/25/13; Heard strong heartbeats for 3 weeks; Natural MC (1/15/14)

BFP 11/11/14 EDD 07/21/15 hoping for our rainbow!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"