Multiples

More children

How old we're your twins when you thought about trying for another??

Re: More children

• Mine are 16 months next week and we are ttc this month.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Right away. ;)  I love having my twins but sometimes I think how fun it would be with just 1.  But sanity has kicked in and I think I'm done.  I'm older and we had some initial not great results with the genetic testing (luckily turned out to be nothing). But I don't think I would want to go through that again + I've heard that if you have frats, you have a 1 in 11 chance of having another set of twins. 

But they are so much fun and I loved being pregnant.. sigh.
    Having the best time ever as mom to Max and Emma, born April 6, 2013!

NYer by birth, I now call Buenos Aires home.

• Loading the player...
  • We had a singleton first, but waited until he was a bit over 2.5yo to TTC and conceived right away.

• In an ideal world where money was no object, I'd already be pregnant again.

Unfortunately that's not the case for us and we're going to TTC when our girls enter preschool to avoid having to pay for 3 in daycare.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • As soon as my period returns; however, we did IUI with our girls and aren't planning on seeking treatment anytime soon.  Age also plays into our decision as I'm 35 with low AMH....
    my read shelf:
    Jayne's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had planned to go back to the RE when our twins had turned 2.  I ended up getting pregnant with no help when our twins were 16 months old.  My small guy was born a few days before our twins turned 2.
  • We'll wait until they're probably 2 or 3, but not later. We had to go through IF to get these monkeys, and if we need to go through it again, we'll need the extra time, presumably. Luckily, I'll only be around 32 by then, so it's not like the clock will be ticking big-time just yet. The reason for waiting that long -- I want the girls to be regularly in pre-school when and if #3 comes along -- there's no freaking way I can handle an infant and two toddlers for that stretch I'd be out on maternity leave. No. Way. 
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Our son was 3 years when we got out BFP with these two. For us it will be the same age gap when we try for a 4th because at that point he was potty trained, sleeping all night, could entertain himself for a little while, was over the tantrums for the most part, and can help out with small tasks. It was a good spacing for us. And life won't be a crazy as it would of had they been closer.

Together 6 wonderful years.
    TTC #1 18 months 1 loss DX unexplained IF-- BFP July 2009-- ITS A BOY
    TTC #2 3 years and 3 losses DX PCOS -- BFP April 2013-- TWIN BOYS!
    ~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
    ~DS2&3- Nov 2013  {7 weeks early}~ TTC #4~
  • We had our singelton first, but waited until he was 1 to start TTC. He was 22 months when the babies were born. We'll wait until they are 1 1/2 or 2 before TTC again.

DS1-7/21/2011 @ 1:51am

DD-5/29/2013 @ 2:40pm

DS2-5/29/2013 @ 3:21pm

#4 EDD- 9/28/2016

• ummm 4 weeks gestation.. ;) Just kidding. Since it was so hard for us we always said we would be thrilled with just one and more than content with two. We ended up with one surprise frozen embryo after this cycle so we will likely attempt one more at some point in the distant future, although I think we have come to terms with being a family of four if luck is not in our favor again.

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• We always said 2 was our max but we have since changed our minds (DH says he's only considering another one because of me but I think he's lying :P) Ideally, I'd like the girls to be at least 2.5 when the next one comes around. DH wants to get pregnant now. So I'm hoping that we can start TTC in Feb (although I'd like to wait till at least April/May but I'm compromising for DH).

• We are still talking "what if"... but if we do TTC it would be after DH graduates from law school in May but most likely that fall so we can go on a celebratory trip to Disney first. If we get pg right away the boys would be 3. It took 4 rounds of clomid to get the boys, so who knows if we will need help again..
  • I also had a singleton first. She was a few months shy of 3 when I got pregnant. She'll be 3 1/2 when these girls come along. We're done after these two.

• I have 2 year old twins and I'm 19w pregnant with twins again.
  • I'm just 7 weeks with twins now, these are our firsts, and DH is already asking me if I'm going back on the pill when we have these two.   Don't get me wrong, he's been very supportive and is SO EXCITED for the twins to get here, but he's always wanted Just Two.

I, on the other hand, hope I can convince him to try again within 2 years after the twins are born.  However, it took 27 months for us to conceive this go around, and I'm already 33, so we'll just have to wait and see!! :)

Mary (33) and Michael (33)

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2002, Married 4/10/10     TTC #1 June 2011; LAP and tubes flushed in Dec

2012: 6 Clomid Cycles, all BFN;    RE consult Nov 2012: SIS (all clear)

2013: 3 Femara Cycles with IUI, all BFN      August 2013: Follistim/Ovidrel = 3 Follies, IUI on 8/29.

BFP!!!!! 1st Beta = 204 on 9/12/13 2nd Beta = 774 on 9/15/13!!

First U/S 10/1/13 - It's TWINS!!!!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• My boys were a little over 3 when we got pregnant...with twins again. The girls were born 3 weeks shy of the boys 4th birthday. 

• @mcselfoneal DH only wanted 2 as well, we are most likely trying for #3 next year ;) So you never know.

• I know we have plenty of time to try for more, I'm 24, but part of me likes the idea of having all of our children close together. I'm worried that if we have one too long from now it will be always be the twins and then a straggler. Dh is good to go whenever which is actually surprising to me
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"