December 2013 Moms
Options

Pregnancy brain= hardcore screwup...

OMG my brain is gone. 

I'm a member of the women's committee for the symphony here and we have one big event each year. We do a family picnic. The only thing you have to do is work a shift related to the picnic {most are day of, but I had been given one that I could do before} and buy tickets. Well, about a week ago I emailed a friend who was in charge of the shift work and asked when I needed to have my done, she told me she would get back to me. Well, it was today! I never followed up again and I am not at the picnic. The only reason I remembered it was even today {somehow it was not on my calendar!} is that the sign I had in my yard advertising it was gone when I got home from running errands just a little while ago. Ugh! I hate to be in trouble! I emailed the girl about the nametags and told me I was sorry that I forgot to follow up, but honestly she said she would get back to me, so is it really all my fault or can I blame some on her?

Crap crap crap. I feel like an idiot.

Re: Pregnancy brain= hardcore screwup...

• Options
    Totally not your fault!
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options
    Also, there was like no communication the last few days from the organizers...that would have been helpful for the idiots like me who forget.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ya they totally should have followed up with you...she said she would get back to you and never did right? Oh well, it happens, don't worry about it.

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 
  • Options
    Yeah, I know. I should have followed up and it's completely unlike me to just totally forgot. Like I did not think about it once this past week. Ugh.

Oh and it's not as large as Jr. League {just quit JL, felt so good!}, we only have about 150 members and I was in charge of the member name tags.  So while it's not the end of the world that people might have had to go without name tags, I still feel bad and like I totally let everybody down. Of course, I'm good friends with the shift work girl and the president this year. Like both are attending my shower...guess I shouldn't count on a gift. ;)
  • Options
    Oh, man! I forget every and anything unless I put it in my phone calendar. Pregnancy brain is really for real. Ha!
  • Options
    Oh, man! I forget every and anything unless I put it in my phone calendar. Pregnancy brain is really for real. Ha!
    I use the old fashioned organizer (which people make fun of me for) and I still mess up dates of everything. Latest mistake was for my maternity pictures. luckily my photographer understood and was able to get us done when I thought it was supposed to be vs the actual date we had set
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am an iCal nut and somehow nothing was on there.
  • Options
    Brutal. It happens to the best of us! Don't beat yourself up. I swear, pregnancy brain is real.

• Options
    Oops! I hope they're not too mad at you.
    Rainbow Baby born 12/14/13

• Options
    Oops! Well it's not the end of the world that they didn't get name tags. Blame it on your pregnancy brain, it's hard for people to get mad at a pregnant lady :)
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options
    It's ok. When there are a lot of people involved, it is easy for coordinators to miss someone. That being said, it is more of your responsibility to reach out to them if they aren't getting back to you within a few days like they said they would. It was miscommunication on both of your parts, and I am sure it will blow over and be better in the future. I highly doubt that they would not bring you a gift because of an honest mistake :)
    Me: 28 DH: 33 TTC since February 2012, married September 2012 DX with Hypothalamic Amenorrhea 2/2013, HSG clear, Bloodwork good, SA great! Started seeing RE February 2013
      imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"