August 2012 Moms
Options

food poll

What did someone used to make for you that no matter how hard you try, it just doesn't taste the same when you make it? Mine is my Dad's apple pie and his fudge, too. I think he's dishonest about how he makes them, though so no one gets his secrets. :)

I just made an apple pie for tonight and I can already tell it's wrong because it smells different. Oh well, it will still be good. 
Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

Re: food poll

• Options
    My mom makes better stuffed peppers than I do. Her ham and bean soup cannot be replicated, either. ANYTHING my grandma makes is so very special that I won't even try to remake it, even given the recipe. She adds and alters every recipe just enough to not be the same if I try.

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
  • Options
    My moms baked Mac n cheese. Mine is good but hers is glorious.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My mom makes a bomb chicken cacciatore that I won't even attempt. It's too delicious.
  • Options
    My grandma's pumpkin pie. The only person who can make it the same is my sister.

Confession: when I first started dating SO, I had my sister make him a pie, and passed it off as my own.
  • Options
    My Godmother makes the best spaghetti and meatballs. Mine is fine but there's just something about hers. 
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    There's not much but DH's dad makes this Portuguese shishkebab that is so very simple, but I just can't make it the same!

Also, another Portuguese dish, cozido, which is salted pork with rice and veggies all cooked together, I don't even try it. It is way too complicated, I don't think I could ever get it right.

• Options
    I have never been able to replicate the awesome brisket that my SMIL makes on all Jewish holidays.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Gravy. Of all varieties. I suck at gravy.
  • Options
    My dad's oatmeal raisin cookies. No one can make them the same! I actually can't make oatmeal or chocolate chip cookies at all. It's embarrassing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Hubs makes the best fried rice and hibachi. My mom made the best mac'n'cheese. Hubs Grandma makes an awesome cheesecake pound calls that I haven't write mastered yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    banana chocolate chip cake from a bakery that closed when I was in high school. It was unreal how good it was.

FIL's pancakes.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Kalteen bars.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"