Options

Breastfeeding/Bottle-feeding

Poochie22Poochie22 member
edited September 2013 in June 2013 Moms

edited for spam

IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary

Re: Breastfeeding/Bottle-feeding

• Options
    Your survey isn't terribly clear on what you mean by bottle-feeding.  I assume that you mean formula-feeding, but I bottle-feed my LO breastmilk since he's in daycare.

Maybe edit it to make your meaning more clear?
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Options
    Agree with PP. the survey is not written clearly. You can't ask how old our children are and then allow us to select one response in multiple choice format. What if we have a three year old and a three month old? And I breastfed AND bottle feed (pumped milk while I'm at work). There are other options you didn't offer. It's a more complex issue than your survey indicates.
    photo bffbc5ae-9d71-4881-9c49-419ebb53d956_zps9ce18766.jpg BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for clearing that up, I didn't even think to write formula feed. I changed it for the future. Thank you for the input! And I think I have it so you can answer for all the ages of your children, but will check again. Thanks again ladies!!
    IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    On the question about feeling "pressure" to Breastfeed...I don't agree with the wording (its biased, it assumes a one-way pressure to BF. Also "pressure" is a strong word, vs. encouragement)...it should read more along this line: "Did you feel pressured to choose the feeding method that you use?" I felt pressure to use formula. Their darn ads are everywhere. The formula companies literally stalk you for your address so they can send coupons. Formula feeding Moms tried to scare me away from BFing with their stories about how hard it was. And the running opinion in America is that BFing should be done in a closet or undercover, but formula feeding in public is just fine. I think there's not enough positive encouragement to breastfeed. I would not use the word "pressure"...it makes BFing sound like a negative thing that you'd be "peer pressured" to do. We don't "pressure" people to read to their kids, we encourage it. Same with BFing - it should be strongly encouraged due to the proven health benefits for baby, but unfortunately, it's really not as supported as it should be. I've even read baby books that discourage BFing, or give loads of incorrect advice about it, which would surely cause the BFing to go miserably. #offsoapbox
  • Options
    survey done
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mdwestmom, why don't you just answer the survey and put your complaints in there? Lol.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options
    I did, I guess I was hoping others would agree & poochie would re-word that question...it's very biased to ask " Did u feel pressure to BF" and NOT ask "Did u feel pressure to FF?"
  • Options
    how was that post spam? lol.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"