High-Risk Pregnancy

gd 38week spike

I have been on my current dose of glyburide for about three weeks noe and it has been controlling my numbers well. Allof the sudden the last two days my numbers have jumped a lot. I see my doc tomorrow, just wondering if anyone has experienced this also

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: gd 38week spike

• I was told at the end of PG the hormones are kind of "all over the place" and sometimes things are wacky. I mostly had lower numbers than I had around week 34/35. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • I'm diet controlled, but I have noticed this last week all my numbers have been higher.  I really don't want to go on meds, and I'm afraid they are gonna suggest it after this week.  I'm at 36 weeks now, been diet controlled since 30 weeks.  I feel like this is just going to get worse as the baby gets bigger.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 33 weeks and my Dr. prescribed me Glyburide and everything has been great except for  my fasting numbers. She did tell me that my numbers would start to be out of wack the further you get in pregnancy, so you probably have nothing to worry about. How exactly did you control your fasting numbers?
  • I'm 34 weeks 1 day and my numbers just started getting higher. They have been good since I've been on 3.75 glyburide. I guess they will up my dosage soon. I hope they level out soon, I do not want to go on insulin.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers photo 11E5F5F6-4D0F-49E1-B9B6-320CF42213BE_zpspw0gd9zw.jpg photo 4dcf6524-f3e2-4099-82e2-545cd6740157_zpsb9a1d5a3.jpg
  • I take insulin. I was a diabetic before I got pregnant. You will see your numbers all over the place. It's important to let your doctor(s) or diabetes educator know if it's going for 2-3 days. It means you need to raise your dosage. By the time I delivered I was taking 3x as much insulin than I did prepregnancy. In my first trimester it seemed like I had to raise my dosage almost every week to every other week. Then it slowed down. A month went by and I was still at the same dosage. During my last trimester I think just about every week I had to raise my dosage. But that was my experience when I was pregnant and my doctor and diabetes educator said it was normal
  • So I spoke with my doctor at my last appointment about this, and thankfully she told me no meds for me.  She basically said to "step up my game".  She said to get more active and start walking 30 minutes after every meal instead of just dinner.  It has worked.  ALL of my numbers have gone back down to where they were including my fasting numbers.  Good luck momma!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"