Baby Names

Weston?

I like Wes as a nn and DH is warming to it. Not crazy about Wesley. Thoughts?
His family is French and mine is Jewish. Neither of us have English heritage.
William is an option too but I think it might be too common for me.

Re: Weston?

• I like it but prefer Wesley.
    Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• I like Weston. It's on my list! I like nn of West though, just because I know a Wes IRL.
  • Loading the player...
  • I like it but prefer Wesley.
    Agreed. 
    BLAD reppin'

• Wesley reminds me of weasels though :-/
  • Wesley always sounds so wussy to me (perhaps it's proximity to the word wussy?"

Totally. This too. Though he wasn't so wussy in the princess bride!
  • I love Weston.

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 (my birthday!) MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

TTC #1 (Round 2): May 16, 2014 

Names | Blog | Chart

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• I like both Weston & Wesley, I slightly lean towards Weston though, I like the hard T sound in there. DH just mentioned the other day he like the nn West and I through both these names at him.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Joy2611 said:
    Megazelda said:
    Wesley always sounds so wussy to me (perhaps it's proximity to the word wussy?"

Totally. This too. Though he wasn't so wussy in the princess bride!
    His name was Westley.  I actually love Westley, but it's not exactly a legit name and goes against my entire post of "directional names are trendy and hate them all."  I decided not to wade into hypocrisy, but there I am anyway :-)
    Wait, what? I thought the guy in The Princess Bride was named Wesley?! I've been calling him the wrong name all these years... whoops. 

I don't like Weston since it's very trendy and reminds me of the Kardashians. I know Kim mentioned Weston, Easton, and North when she was pregnant. All of those names will likely seem very dated in 20 or so years, very "my kid has a trendy name from the 2010s". That being said, if you love it then use it.

I personally love the names Wesley and William, but if you don't then maybe look for something different? I loved the nickname Evie but didn't love any of it's formal names so I had to drop it entirely. 
    image image

• I love it. DS2 is Weston NN Wes. I really liked Wesley, but his MN starts with an L. It was too much L sound for me so we changed to Weston.

DS1-7/21/2011 @ 1:51am

DD-5/29/2013 @ 2:40pm

DS2-5/29/2013 @ 3:21pm

#4 EDD- 9/28/2016

• I really liked Wesley, but his MN starts with an L. It was too much L sound for me so we changed to Weston.

My last name starts with L...
  • Joy2611 said:
    mh89 said:
    Wait, what? I thought the guy in The Princess Bride was named Wesley?! I've been calling him the wrong name all these years... whoops. 
    It's true - he's Westley!  https://www.imdb.com/character/ch0003784/?ref_=tt_cl_t1
    I feel like someone should pull my nerd card for not knowing that lol. Despite not liking directional names in general, I kind of like Westley.. if only for the great character from The Princess Bride. 

image image

• I'm ambivalent to Weston but I love Wes. We had an elderly neighbor named Wes and I THINK that was his full name.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Megazelda said:

I really liked Wesley, but his MN starts with an L. It was too much L sound for me so we changed to Weston.

My last name starts with L...
    Then Weston definitely gets my vote! Even though it did before, haha.

DS1-7/21/2011 @ 1:51am

DD-5/29/2013 @ 2:40pm

DS2-5/29/2013 @ 3:21pm

#4 EDD- 9/28/2016

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"