High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Placenta previa

Does anyone know anything about the placenta growing near or over the opening of the cervix? If it doesn't fix itself on its own what will happen?

Re: Placenta previa

• Options
    How far along are you? 
  • Options
    If it doesn't fix itself you will usually have a scheduled c section. Not sure if there are other routine procedures though!

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm only 10 weeks
  • Options
    I am going in 2 weeks for another ultrasound
  • Options
    Oh sweety you have sooooo much time for it to move up.. Don't even worry about it..
  • Options
    If it doesn't then treatment is csection if your bleeding then bedrest till you get to term :-) most of the time is goes up
  • Options
    I would try to not worry. Mine finally moved at 37wks!
    Me; 28 Hubby: 29 - TTC since 5/11 - PCOS Cycle #18-21 Clomid & Trigger & TI = BFN 
    Cycle #22 Gonal-F & Trigger & IUI = BFFP!! EDD 10/4/13 Beta#1 50.5, Beta#2 212, Beta#3 452, First HB 133!!!Logan William born 10/7
  • Options
    This entire pregnancy is completely different than my first one, I never had any problems. I'm hoping it moves and I don't have to be on bed rest, I'm a working mom and it's hard for me to rest to begin with
  • Options
    Did you have to be on bed rest at all?
  • Options
    Usually your doc won't even tell you you have a placenta previa until you are a little further along... just because as your uterus grows and stretches the placenta "migrates" with it!!!! Especially in the early weeks!!
    Usually you'll be put on pelvic rest (no sex) and bed rest if you have bleeding issues.
    If by term it hasn't moved (which usually does) then you'll have a scheduled cesarean.
    Best of luck to you and you'd LO !

Sawyer Lynn <3 Born 10.11.13

• Options
    i had placenta previa and it moved up by 17 weeks. i was diagnosed really early only because i had constant bleeding and spotting. most people's placentas move up so i wouldnt worry yet. i was on pelvic rest but not bed rest

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options
    I was diagnosed with a partial placenta previa at 20 weeks in my first pregnancy and put on modified bed rest (pelvic rest).  Unlike 99% of previas, mine did not move up and actually got worse.  it was a complete previa by 34 weeks. I was scheduled for a C/S at 37 weeks with an amnio the day before to check for lung maturity.  

I was very lucky that I had minimal to no bleeding but I was lucky to not be working and was able to take it very easy.  

I was just diagnosed with a low lying placenta and I'm sure that once again I will end up with an early C/S and modified bed rest.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I was diagnosed with placenta previa at 20 weeks. My doctor said they don't even diagnose it until 20 weeks. You still have a lot of time for it to move--try not to worry.
  • Options
    I have had some bleeding as well. My dr has put me on pelvic rest until I go in for another ultrasound on the 14th, this will be my 4th ultrasound because of all the bleeding/spotting.
  • Options
    I was diagnosed with it at 20 weeks and by 24 weeks they took me off pelvic rest.  It sounds like it's fairly common in early pregnancy. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 14w4d & my OB referred to mine as just " low lying placenta" at the moment. I am a bit worried too as in hoping it'll move up. Everyone is telling me not to panic! I do have on off browny spotting but noting major. I'm on pelvic rest too. Here's hoping next u:s at 17w will show its moved a bit. :o)
  • Options
    Good luck with everything!
  • Options
    I was diagnosed with compete previa at 20 weeks and put on pelvic rest. I've had episodes of spotting and two instances of more serious bleeding (red and more like a period). After the second time I was admitted to the hospital for 4 days until it stopped. I'm now at 33 weeks and on modified bed rest. The previa has been downgraded to marginal and baby is doing great. Just need to keep him in a little longer! I have another ultrasound next week to see how things are progressing but it's looking like my doctor will deliver at week 37 or 38 just to make sure I don't go into labor. Like the others said, there's still time for your uterus to pull the placenta way from the cervix. Good luck! :) And thanks to everyone else for your posts. It's comforting to read others' stories.
  • Options
    I was diagnosed with placenta previa on my 18 week ultrasound just spent 3 days in the hospital from unexpected bleeding It was a bit scary I'v never had this with my two previous pregnancy's its a full previa covering my cervix and all the way up to my c section scar they were vary worried that what they were seeing in the ultrasound was placenta accreta so far doesn't look like it just want this baby to stay in full term. One tip if you have been diagnosed with placenta preiva have bags packed and ready to go at all times you never know when you will start bleeding and you don't have time to do any thing but go to the hospital and if you have kids better hope you have family or friends to step in to watch them 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"