Multiples

Crib Bedding

nblondheimnblondheim member
edited September 2013 in Multiples

For some odd reason I thought picking out my crib bedding would be the easy part.... NOPE!!!

I know we have one boy on the way and if my instincts are right the other is a girl. But as long as both cooperate we will know tomorrow. Our nursery is already painted a teal/turquoise and then a lighter shade in vertical stripes. I really like it but am having a hard time finding crib bedding to go with it. I also am not a fan of the crib sets and really would only need the sheets and comforter which I am finding is even harder to find.

I was thinking maybe a black or white comforter which would be gender neutral and should go. Any other advice? Where did you find just a comforter and sheets at?

I have included a picture of the painted nursery and also of a crib bedding set I really like but of course can't find just the blanket sold separately!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out my blog: http://blondheimtwins.blogspot.com/

Re: Crib Bedding

• Don't waste your money on expensive crib blankets and fancy bumpers. They are a suffocation hazard. Nothing should be in that crib but your baby. I opt for some comfy sleep sacks and a hat. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Our gender neutral nursery is yellow & gray with turquoise. We have gray patterned sheets from Pottery Barn Kids. We might get some from Land of Nod if the yellow ones I want match the crib skirt my mom is making for them. We will not buy any comforters; we'll just use sleep sacks. Nor will we have bumpers. My mom is making them quilts, too, but that's for sentimental value/decoration, not anything that will go in their cribs. It might be a little more expensive, but Etsy has lots of sheets with almost any color and pattern you want.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love the honest opinions!! As stated previously, I am only looking for a comforter and sheets!

I will NOT be using the bumpers or anything else so the crib sets are completely pointless.

But now you have me thinking if I even need the comforter! I do plan to swaddle and use the sleep sacks also so maybe all I do is sheets!

Thank you!!!

• Check etsy. You can get colors custom to what you are looking for for just crib sheets and a crib blanket/comforter they are a bit more expensive but not by much really. cheaper than buying a whole bedding set. Orange and white might look nice with the teal color and be gender neutral as well if you can't find black and white.

Together 6 wonderful years.
    TTC #1 18 months 1 loss DX unexplained IF-- BFP July 2009-- ITS A BOY
    TTC #2 3 years and 3 losses DX PCOS -- BFP April 2013-- TWIN BOYS!
    ~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
    ~DS2&3- Nov 2013  {7 weeks early}~ TTC #4~
  • I agree with pp's about the comforter not being necessary. The one you picked is very cute and would go nicely with the teal/turquoise theme, but it will likely just be decorative. I am sewing handmade quilts for my girls, but I am making them big enough for a toddler bed because they will not use them in their cribs. If you really want a comforter for decorative purposes, maybe consider getting them bigger than crib size so they are more likely to get use.
    TTC since June, 2011 with anovulatory PCOS, 1 blocked tube, and mild MFI
    3rd cycles clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    4th cycles letrozole/Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 = BFP! Twins due 2/5/2014
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I used pottery barn kids for ideas but just bought stuff from the box store(target, BRU). I did get our curtains from PBK though. I agree with PPs, the comforter is a waste of money, try etsy for some cute and different stuff and I love the idea of orange with the blues!

imageimage

• My boy/girl nursery is red and teal and I love it! My walls were red so I added as much teal and white as I could - for your walls I'd do the opposite and do lots of white and some red.

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

•  I vote get crib sheets and a crib skirt only.  The regular bumpers and comforter are a waste.  I have wonder bumpers and love them but I won them from a twin magazine otherwise I would not have bumpers.

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz

• I got simple, clean sheets from pottery barn. They are chevron.
                         My fraternal twin boys. Born Sept 2013.
  • Thank you all for the help! We actually contacted my sil to make us a comforter and sheets we can get anywhere! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"