Parenting
Options

So these assholes

Are really going to shut down the government again? Wtf is wrong with our country when the political calculation the tea partiers are clearly making points to "continually shut down the government" instead of reaching a compromise? Ted Cruz was on Meet the Press just now, and he's such a dim-witted assclown? Who the fuck is hitching their stars to his wagon?! I remember learning about congressional gridlock in the 90s? Was this with Clinton or repub presidents too? Anyone?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                     DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black

Re: So these assholes

• Options
    Should be ! after assclown, not ? Ain't no question about it.

DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Options
    DH's theory is that Republicans have a fundamental dislike of government and don't care if the whole thing shuts down. Dems, OTOH, prefer a functioning government because they tend to be the champions of social programs.

Most of the Tea Party platform revolves around small government so what do they care if nothing gets done for however long?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Funny how they keep their pay check when it's them not doing their job. I need to run for office!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options
    LexiLupin said:
    Like, I know telling people "if you don't like it, you can leave" is ineffective but... Look, you don't want a government? Go check out Somalia.

Right? Governments exist for a reason. People are naturally inclined to create them because they are useful. I feel like a lot of the anti-government people are the same ones who raise holy hell to their local council person when there's an unfilled pothole on their street.

DS is 1DAF

• Options

LexiLupin said:

Like, I know telling people "if you don't like it, you can leave" is ineffective but... Look, you don't want a government? Go check out Somalia.

Right? Governments exist for a reason. People are naturally inclined to create them because they are useful. I feel like a lot of the anti-government people are the same ones who raise holy hell to their local council person when there's an unfilled pothole on their street.

Yeah, I was about to say the same thing. I have a friend who bitches about taxes all the time, but then her daughter's school doesn't have enough funding and the supply list is a mile long. Then she complains about that. You can't have it both ways. Taxes pay for schools and roads and other public programs. We would not function otherwise...well, it would be chaos.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Options
    There actually are a lot of idiots in congress right now, and Boehner is a weak leader.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options
    Not just idiots, though. Like, dangerously stupid people who are as stubborn as animals that have pea-sized brains. His name is perfect because I pronounce it boner, and he's just a total boner.

DS is 1DAF

• Options
    Nechie122Nechie122 member
    edited September 2013

LexiLupin said:

Everyone hates government until they need it.

... Or until they want to impose their "values" on who can marry whom and what women can do with their bodies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Not just idiots, though. Like, dangerously stupid people who are as stubborn as animals that have pea-sized brains. His name is perfect because I pronounce it boner, and he's just a total boner.
    I think he tries to church it up like Joe Dirt, and it really is pronounced Boner.  

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options
    What makes me sad is that my family (mainly my awesome grandparents) are tea partiers. You should see how excited they get when they see the 'Impeach Obama' people collecting signatures and how they go on a rant about how he's screwing everyone over. Giant eyeroll.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DH's theory is that Republicans have a fundamental dislike of government and don't care if the whole thing shuts down. Dems, OTOH, prefer a functioning government because they tend to be the champions of social programs.

That's 17 trillon % correct.

Cnon
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"