September 2013 Moms
Options

Freakin' can't sleep

Well, I knew it was probably a mistake to give in and go to sleep at 10:30 when I felt tired... but I did it anyway. Woke up at 12:30 and I've been wide awake since. It's 3:30! I just want to sleep! I just cleaned my kitchen and had a bowl of cereal, maybe now when I try again, I'll be able to fall back asleep. We'll see.

On the plus side, today my 24th birthday! I had dinner with hubby and friends last night at a brewery here in town (don't judge, their mac and cheese is to die for :) ) and it was awesome.

Random, but is mobile Bumping not working for anyone else? The boards won't load on my phone or my iPad and usually I have no trouble. Seems fine on the computer, though...

Anyone else not able to sleep?

Re: Freakin' can't sleep

• Options
    Oooh, also, hubby ordered this for me as my birthday gift. I'm so excited I just have to share!! Should be here within a week! I can't wait to cuddle my little sweetie in it. :)

• Options
    It's almost 4 and yep I'm wide awake as well. I think it may be pre induction anxiety. I have 1 day left to go into labor on my own. I usually bump via iPhone and it doesn't seem to be working.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's almost 4 and yep I'm wide awake as well. I think it may be pre induction anxiety. I have 1 day left to go into labor on my own. I usually bump via iPhone and it doesn't seem to be working.
    I hope you are able to go into labor on your own! Good luck! I'm hoping that too (and I still have a week and a day until induction) but I just don't feel like it's going to happen. No idea why!

Hmm, weird about mobile. At least it isn't just my phone! That makes me feel better. I have an iPhone 4s but haven't updated to iOS7 yet, but I updated all of my apps yesterday and I couldn't remember if The Bump was one of them. So I was worried that they had updated it to work better with the new OS and that's why it wasn't working for me.
  • Options
    I have been sleeping on and off tonight. It has not been very restful. I am randomly stressed out about things. So that probably doesnt help.

I haven't had an issues with mobile bump. But I have a galaxy S3..maybe that makes a difference?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary 
  • Options
    Oh ps. Happy birthday!! Glad you got to enjoy your day with your husband :)

• Options
    Oh oops happy birthday! I kinda have a feeling I won't go into labor on my own either.  :( 
  • Options
    I have been sleeping on and off tonight. It has not been very restful. I am randomly stressed out about things. So that probably doesnt help. I haven't had an issues with mobile bump. But I have a galaxy S3..maybe that makes a difference?
    Ohh, hmm.. maybe it is the iDevices. Who knows.  :-?

And thank you both for the birthday wishes. You know what, I don't care how old I am, I think I will always love my birthday. :) And I don't even care if that makes me an AW!
  • Options
    I have iPhone 5 and iOS 6 and it's working fine. I don't use the app, just Safari for the boards.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Im only 24 and still enjoy my birthday. Ita not the same enjoyment as being a kid but I like celebrating birthdays. This October is my husbands "golden" birthday he reminded me the other week and said he is looking forward to his special (meaning over the top) present since its his golden bday and the gift is now from 2 people (meaning me and Sophie) I just laughed at him and told him that soph is his extra special golden bday gift :D

• Options
    redfallonredfallon member
    edited September 2013
    HBirdie said:

I have been sleeping on and off tonight. It has not been very restful. I am randomly stressed out about things. So that probably doesnt help.

I haven't had an issues with mobile bump. But I have a galaxy S3..maybe that makes a difference?

Ohh, hmm.. maybe it is the iDevices. Who knows.  :-?

And thank you both for the birthday wishes. You know what, I don't care how old I am, I think I will always love my birthday. :) And I don't even care if that makes me an AW!

----------------------------------------
    @HBirdie Happy Birthday!!!

I'll be 36 this year and still :x my birthday!

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Glad I'm not the only birthday lover! I mean, you get one day a year that gets to be all about you, might as well enjoy it, right??

And I agree, you giving your H a sweet baby girl is totally a golden birthday present, @violet1372!
  • Options
    Happy Birthday!

And I'll be 38 next year and still love my birthday. I think it has a lot to do with the fancy meal we always eat though. :) mmm...steak. Balls, now I'm hungry.
    photo 86a9bed8-fe83-44f4-8233-6822762e6347_zpsc28c6977.jpg
  • Options
    HBirdie said:
    I just want to sleep! 
    I feel like I say this every single night. In fact I could have written your post. If I feel sleepy it's usually at an inopportune time (say like 8 pm or 10 pm). I'm always frustrated. I couldn't sleep before pregnancy. I really can't sleep now!
    I forced myself to go to sleep at 12:30 or so, and I woke up three times until 4:30. Ugh. Yesterday I went to sleep at 1:30 and slept 4 solid hours until 5:30. I was happy... but I ended up sleeping later on during the day so I assume that will happen today :(

Happy birthday! I turned 24 in May. So far being 24 has been one of the best ages. I'm not too young, not too old, and not in midlife crisis yet. 
    Im only 24 and still enjoy my birthday. Ita not the same enjoyment as being a kid but I like celebrating birthdays. This October is my husbands "golden" birthday he reminded me the other week and said he is looking forward to his special (meaning over the top) present since its his golden bday and the gift is now from 2 people (meaning me and Sophie) I just laughed at him and told him that soph is his extra special golden bday gift :D
    This year was my golden birthday!!!! When I told DH LO was my golden birthday gift he said "what the heck is a golden birthday?" So I explained it. His response was hilarious. "I got stiffed! My golden birthday would have been when I was 2, and I probably just had diarrhea or something!!" Bahahaha.

HBirdie, the fact that you went to a brewery and had mac n cheese is awesome -- that was what DH and I did Friday. It wasn't mac n cheese though, check this out.. It was beer battered spicy mac n jack cheese bacon bites. Holy crap. Can you say to die for? I was joking with everyone I needed to eat spicy food. I could have ordered two of these appetizers and made it into a meal. In fact, I think tomorrow night I will do that. They were SOOOO good. And it was house-made beer batter too!!
    Glad you had a nice dinner! Sucks that you can't sleep. I wish I were sleeping too. I started making pancakes and sausage around 5:15 and brought DH breakfast in bed before work.

Don't know about the mobile thing. I don't use the app because I'm too lazy to download it.

Today is my EDD. When I went to my first u/s they changed my EDD from 9/10 to 9/29. But 40wks was on 9/26. So was that my EDD? I don't question it. I'm confused. All my u/s pics said the EDD was 9/26, but that was after my OB office already told me the EDD was 9/29. Either way, he still isn't showing any signs of coming out yet. Sigh!
    VOTE on my Name List
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Happy Birthday @hbirdie!

My oldest is sick, so in the middle of the night I was taking care of my newborn and him. Even went to bed early, but I don't think that made a difference. I hate when my babies are sick.
    DS 10/19/09

DD 3/14/11

BFP 8/8/12 EDD 4/20/13 MMC @ 9+ wks D&C 9/27/12

DS2 9/12/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Happy birthday!!
  • Options
    Happy Birthday! Hope you get an amazing gift!

I also had problems around 1-4am est with the website. I could have really used an insomnia post at that point... but yay, it's back!

Ps: epidurals can be itchy!
  • Options
    Happy birthday! Sorry for your lack of sleep :-/
  • Options
    Happy birthday!!! I love the baby carrier!

I just turned 24 on the 24th!! I didn't know of this 'golden' thing of I would have made a bigger deal! Then again probably not, I have a 2 week old and got mastitis the next day. I had a great dinner though! And today hubby is taking me to pick out new sunglasses :) Michael kors or oakleys!?

Hope you get a nap in today.
  • Options
    @Hbirdie happy birthday girl!!

@Mrs.AllyH mine made me itch all over my upper body and I like you was anxious to meet my little girl so I didn't sleep a wink from the time I got the epidural at 4:30 pm on Monday until Tuesday at 7 am the next day after she was here. I am still trying to catch up on sleep so SLEEP IF YOU CAN!!!

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Ok, I don't know if this will help any of you insomniacs but in my third trimester, I used to meditate to get to sleep ALL THE TIME.  I used to never be into it but it was the only thing that worked for me some nights.

Try https://www.meditationoasis.com/podcast/listen-to-podcast/ they have guided ones and there is a specific pregnancy podcast.  It actually ended up helping me in labor too!

And happy happy birthday to @HBirdie!
  • Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone. :) I was awake until 5 or so and then slept until 11. So at least I feel a little more rested! Now I'm watching the Seahawks get their butts kicked by Texas. :( Not cool!

@msronzio: I'm sure I'll make a big deal out of my golden birthday. But I have five years to wait still! (I'll have a five year old! Holycrap!) I've been looking forward to being 24 and 25 since I was like 18, haha. Seems like the perfect age!
    I'm sorry you aren't sleeping well either. This blows. And if someone else laughs and says, "Guess your body's just preparing you for having a newborn," I might punch them in the face. For realllz.
    Happy EDD! Hope that baby comes TODAY! It's a good day to be born :)

@loppy19: Ugh, false labor can suck it. I almost posted for you today, wishing you a happy EDD! Then I realized it wasn't until tomorrow. I hope we actually have September babes!!

@blonde151188 and @afwifelife: Sorry you're dealing with sickies. That is NOT fun! Sending healing vibes your way!
  • Options
    Happy birthday sweetie!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"